underactive thyroid/palps

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm 31 yr old female with underactive thyroid tsh 0.66 t4 18 last night I was lying watching tv then all of a sudden felt like my heart stopped and felt horrible after I had bad pals and just wanted go sleep was really hot and sweaty felt ill has any one else experienced this at all cause I'm really scared iv had it before I have had 2 holter monitors on in the past few months was told I had few eptopic beats but I wasn't aware of anything happening while I had the monitor on

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sympathy, I've had moments being hypo and autoimmune where I've felt so ill I think I won't recover, but you do. It's a matter of living with it to a large extent and bring sensible and seeing the doctor when you feel really ill. Make sure you have regular blood tests, ask questions of your condition. Thus is a great site but you should also join Thyroid UK - Health Unlocked there are some on there who know absolutely everything about thyroid problems and will answer questions and reassure you. Google it and after you join put down your recent blood test results and ask if you can get some help - you will.
  • Posted

hi rachel

I would like to second jans suggestion to join that website. If you have a copy of your latest thyroid blood test (TSH, T4 and T3 if poss together with lab ranges) you can post them and will be given lots of excellent advice. You didnt mention what level thyroxine you;re on but you TSH is suppressed (under 1.0) This is not a problem unless it is giving you these symptoms...

Jill

• Posted

Hi Rachel, I have had an 'ectopic beat' for many years, and it does feel frightening when it first happens. It predates my under active thyroid.  I cut out caffeine, which helps. My cardiologist told me there is nothing to worry about, but of course, if you are concerned, talk to your doctor. 
    • Posted

Thanks for ur reply it seems that alot of people with eptopic beats also have an underactive thyroid but om more concerned that iv felt unwell for bout 5 months all bloods are normal just feel tired dnt feel like doing anything dnt feel right in my self feel anxious alot dnt feel like eating and I get palps horrible
  • Posted

Your symptoms point very strongly to your thyroid meds and that you are not optimally treated. We know that the blood test is actually nothing to go by for many reasons. If it only measures your TSH and T4 it will not show if you are converting to T3 well enough. Some people are allergic to the fillers used in thyroid meds. If you do not have a high enough level of B12 and D3 your thyroid function will be compromised. There are other important minerals needed too.
  • Posted

It's interesting that you should list those problems because I used to believe that my similar but even more sever problems were wheat intolerance. Since having my thyroid removed I have not suffered any of these attacks and tolerate wheat fairly well.

What did you eat that evening, possibly thyroid problems may make wheat intolerance worse. Just an idea, it's hell trying to make sense of symptoms. If you have antibodies in the blood then from my latest reading "Inflammation Nation" modern foods such as farmed salmon, which has 10x the fat of wild salmon, cause inflammation that I am beginning to believe activates antibodies in our blood. Just a theory.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.