Underarm bumps

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi There,

I have these pemanent tiny bumps on my underarms that I'm not quite sure how to get rid off even after waxing it's still visible.

Please advise the cause and remedy to this if any?

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It looks like this
  • Posted

Have you mentioned them to your GP?  I was wondering whether they were enlarged lymph nodes - you refer to them as being tiny, so they may not be.

Have a chat with your GP or Practice Nurse.

• Posted

They look like razor bumps. Shaving too often, with the wrong kind of razor, or using the incorrect shaving procedure can cause them. Wait until they are healed before you try to shave or wax again. Use a hot wash cloth on them for 10 minutes to help shrink them. Make sure you dry your armpits thoroughly after shower, and wear a non irritating, all natural deodorant. Put some Hydrocortisone cream on them until they are healed, it will only take a couple of days. You can also use aloe vera lotion on them to get rid of them. Wear only cotton shirts until they are gone. Use a good lather before shaving in the future. 
    • Posted

I agree!  There wasn't a picture there when I answered, although it appears to have been posted at the same time.

And, don't shave every day if that is what you are doing.  Don't go by photos in magazines etc. either, they do a lot of air brushing etc..

• Posted

I have went a long time without shaving (very irritating and uncomfortable) so that the bumps would go away but it didnt seem to work in reducing the inflammation.

I have read that I should exfoliate it lightly every day which is what I'm trying.

• Posted

You might try Bikini Zone Anti Bumps Shave Gel, it's awesome (if you aren't allergic to the ingredients). 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.