Undergarment Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. I have suffered from HS since my early 20's, although I did not know what it was until two and a half years ago. I'm currently 36. I get cysts in my arm pits, under my breasts, on my stomach and abdomen, around my groin, on the inside of my legs, and on my butt. I get rashes under my breasts and around my groin. It has become painfully obvious (literally) that friction, heat and moisture are a few of the factors that encourage outbreaks.

So here is my first question - does anybody know of a type of bra that does not have a band that rubs and that does not rise too close to the armpits, but that is still supportive? I am a 44 F, so sleeping bras are unsupportive and sports bras are either unsupportive or they are too restrictive and rub. Underwires are absolutely out of the question. I need something badly to wear to work that does not cause cysts after a single day of use. It's killing me.

Second question - does anybody know of a type of women's underwear that is moisture wicking and that does not rub where the legs meet the body? I also have to be able to put daily pads on the inside, because the antibiotic that I am taking to so called "control" the HS causes frequent yeast infections. Sigh.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you’re in the US, I have a couple of suggestions for you.  Lane Bryant makes some all cotton, no underwire bras.  They’re not as supportive as an underwire, but they come close.  As to underwear, I found a mid-thigh all cotton boyshort works best for me.  Hanes makes them, and I’ve only found them online at Target.  I have to wear pads too because of weeping HS lesions in the crotch area.  The legs of the boyshorts gives me the option to put pads outside the area of a traditional panty.  Does that make sense?  I hope this helps.
    • Posted

I was actually just at Lane Bryant recently and they did not have anything that was not tight and abrasive, unfortunately. The underwear is a good idea, though! I don't suppose you'd send me a link to what has worked for you?

• Posted

Hi there....I take probiotic for the yeast control...I also have learned that I just cant wear panties all the time because they rub that area.......i put desatin....baby rash cream on at night when they are swollen  it helps me.....keep the faith kiddo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.