Underlying heart condition??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 19 Year Old Male, who is 6'6" and weigh 140LBS. Ever since I was about 9 years old or so, i have had to give up all strenuous activity. When i run, or play any kind of Sports i get an extremely painful crushing pain in my chest, i get a very metallic taste in my mouth (no blood) but an increase in saliva. My head starts hurting really bad, my vision goes black, i get very dizzy, and cannot stand on my own. Its extremely debilitating and lasts for a good half hour or so, and i feel off for the rest of the day. They have done countless ECG tests, an ultrasound, wore a holter monitor, and a test where they hook up an ECG machine, and get me to run on a treadmill to get those symptoms. The symptoms came, but the test was clear. Every test has been clear, but to this day, i still cannot do anything physical, because the symptoms always return.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your vitamin and iron levels measured? Do you take any medication or supplements?

• Posted

yes, i believe all vitamins and minerals have been tested. i got the doctor to show me a copy with proof of the labs, and everything was normal. I'm not taking any meds or supplements, with the exception of 2 multivitamins per day.

• Posted

where in your chest is the the crushing pain? Does it get worse if you touch it?

• Posted

crushing Pain is usually on the left side. and no the pain doesn't get worse if i touch it.

• Posted

I guess at this point anything could be a possibility. I'm thinking it probably is lung related. I'm not sure if they have done a d-dimer yet.

• Posted

I thought I had a heart problem because of the chest pains and palpitations I was getting but it turned out to be multiple pulmonary emboli. If all the heart tests are coming back normal, ask if you can have a d-dimer and a chest CT with contrast. Lung and heart symptoms can sometimes be similar.

• Posted

Well, i just book an appointment with my gp, so I'll discuss these things with him.

• Posted

metallic taste, have they tested for epilepsy?

• Posted

yes, my neurologist has tested for epilepsy twice with EEG test, both came back negative, but shes still pretty sure I do have epilepsy. However, the feelings when i get my "Epileptic" attacks, and this type of pain is much different

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.