underlying illness with hyperthyroidism and multi nodular goiter

Posted , 3 users are following.

After 6 years of hyperthyroid hel on ptu and propranolol wwithout much effect suffering from palpitations, chest pain, body pain, numb hands and feet, headaches, buzzing in head, aching cracking joints, dizziness, breathlessness etc etc. I decided to get tested for Lyme disease and the results came back positive.

Doctors said there must be an underlying cause as they never saw a case of hyperthyroidism go on so long. They couldnt work out why i had these symptoms and why i have multiple chemical sensitivity Apparently Lyme often upsets the thyroid. Hopefully after treatment it comes back to normal.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I also have hypothyrodism. I take levothyroxine once a day, and i also get these pains such as: headache, knee pain, ankle pain and  pain at the back of the teeth.

I dont know why i get these.  

• Posted

I get these too but also visual problems, anxiety, facial numbness, nausea, upset stomach and many other symptoms. Don't remember a tick bite but I rescue many strays infested with ticks
    • Posted

I also have really dried skin. I think you should go to your GP, cause I think these are side-effects. 
  • Posted

Hi there jeanette. Im having the exact same symptoms its awful im only 34 i feel like an old women look like an old women due to all this. Im seein my endo soon i hope she tests me for this could be an answer to why im still feeling awful even though im on carbimozole 30 mgs no ease of any symptoms at all. xxx
    • Posted

Hi Paula

doctors never think of this. I researched lyme and was 95% sure that's what I had as the symptoms have been going on so long. So i got tested. The new forest has a lot of lyme but it can be caught anywhere. I live in bahrain and they say there isn't lyme here but wherever there are ticks there is lyme as far as I'm concerned. I was a stewardess from 88-96 travelling around the world so i could have caught it anywhere. It must have been dormant in me but a steroid injection I was given triggered it off. Read up on lyme symptoms it imitates ME, fibromyalgia, thyroid disease, MS, parkinsons and loads of other diseases.

How is your vision? Mine is odd blurry and distorted at times. Lots of anxiety and panic so i dont drive anymore. My palms are bright red and my feet hurt.

how long have you been ill?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.