Underlying Malignancy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello My Aunt (58) had a significant pain in lower abdomen and constipated a lot dont know exactly from when.Last month she was admitted in a hospital stone was seen in kidneys and pancreatitis .As of now no biopsy is done. Later as per thr CT Scan : Evidence of Irregular wall thickning seen in the sigmoid colon with severe narrowing of the lumen and perifocal fat stranding. The wall thickness measures upto 17mm . Proximal dilation of large bowel seen predominantly in the ascending colon & hepatic flexure . Air fluid level also noted.

Suggesting the possibility of underlying Malignancy.Suggested histopathological correlation.

I want to know how a doctor wrote about Malignancy without doing biopsy.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Obviously they can see a lot on a CT scan. Hope it is good news for your aunt. My mother died from a large undiagnosed abdominal cancer so your aunt is in a much better position if it is malignant.

• Posted

She has expired 1 hour ago. Everything has gone in vain.

• Posted

Hi tanyadas353

Do you mean your aunt has passed away?..if so i send my heartfelt condolences to you and you family....

God bless you all...

• Posted

Hi tanyadas353

It only states the 'possibility' of underlying malignancy. The doctors know because they are qualified professionals and have seen these medical situations many times. I know it is a bit of a shock to hear of a possible malignancy, but instead of questioning the result help your aunt through it and be thankful that a reason for her pain has been diagnosed...

• Posted

Hi Tanya..so sorry to hear about your aunt. Did your aunt have any other symptoms and for how long were she having constipation?

• Posted

Tana,

I'm sorry for my earlier response. I have been sick for so long, I'm so tired of being sick all day everyday. please forgive my response. Request second opinion and request biopsy, if your aunt wants it done. Ask her what she wants? I'm so weak right now, I don't think I could survive a surgery. been praying for her...and you. I'm truly kind I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.