Understanding IBS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone.

Wasn’t sure wether to post this but I guess most here are in the same boat. As I’ve posted befor GP have referred to gastro for further tests since stool was inflamed and having a swollen tummy, last few weeks my bowel movements have changed, from going once every morning I’m now every 2/3 days, stools are ALWAYS normal, but even saying that I have a question which I find odd & want to know if anyone can relate??

So... when Emptying bowels, I can never finish, it takes a lot to finish it. Yet my stools are always normal 😏

Thanks I’m advance ??

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You mean you feel like you haven't completely emptied your rectum, this could be because your anal muscles aren't very strong or that your poo is sticky, did you know that we have a pouch inside the rectum and it can get stuck in there as well.

• Posted

Hi! Thank you for the response, yes that’s what I mean, sorry I just didn’t know how to word it 😏

No I didn’t know that? Does that become a problem if that happens? X

• Posted

Not really a problem but if your fluid and fibre intake is a bit low then like I said it can get sticky and obviously that will cause it to stall and maybe slow it's exit, I often feel like I haven't finished, it's not a great feeling is it

• Posted

Hi, when going to toilet you need to get your knees higher than your hips it imitates the squatting position, I use a 5 litre emulsion container, which raises the knees really high, it works, this straightens the bend in the colon out, check it online.
    • Posted

That's exactly right but in theory of your toilet is a the right height then your knees should be higher anyway but a book can work just as well

• Posted

Could be IBS if you have shifting abdominal pain that is constant or comes and goes.  Bowel habit change goes along with it as well as trouble emptying your bowel.
  • Posted

Hey hayley...with your symptoms can't say the exact diagnosis, But seems like you are bloated and constipated...Further evaluation will tell you the exact cause...But you can always add high soft fiber( like fruits)...I am using ISABGOL for my constipation every night, It is helping me in my constipation and also smooth transit through the bowel..biggrin

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the responce smile, my stools are always normal 😏 never constipated or really loose. Which I find so frustrating as I have lower abdominal pain, but more to my pelvis area and a very swollen stomach! Hopefully have some answers soon, hope your well x

• Posted

Oh I thought you have trouble passing the stool because it is hard and you have to strain yourself to empty your bowel...My badwink Hope you get your answers soon with your gastro doc.biggrin
  • Posted

Thank you everyone for the replies. Seen gastro Doctor today and have been referred for a MRI on small bowels, so hopefully have some answers soon x
  • Posted

Hi hayley, All the best for your MRI, I hope you get your answers soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.