understanding ls

Posted , 9 users are following.

i am 74 years old and am pretty sure i have had this condition for a long time before. i was officially diagnosed about 4 months ago by my internist just by a physical exam.  i don't know if anyone can answer this but i was wondering what it is that causes my discomfort - it feels like pinching.  i know what would cause pain if i broke a bone, got a cut or was hit on the head.  but what is the physiology that produces the stinging, pinching i feel.  thanks for listening.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When you say 'pinching' is this a feeling you have on the inside of your Vjay or it is external because sometimes there is a horrible 'itch' or maybe its your 'pinch' that is felt deep within the Vjay.

• Posted

the pinching is on the external vaginal area.  when this first started i had itching which has completely disappeared but the pinching is still there.

• Posted

My guess is the atrophy has caused the tissue to deteriorate   All I know is Mona Lisa helped me. I am 72 years old.   
  • Posted

Hi Eileen - with regard to the pinching feeling, i think we all have different experiences but, for me, when I get the pinching sensation it usually means a very small piece of skin has started adhering to another eg about 1mm of inner labia has attached to surrounding tissue.  It comes on very suddenly and, if I'm quick, I can massage Vaseline into that particular area and ease it off - it's painful! However, it does seem to work.  If I don't separate it quickly, it sticks firmly.  There are times when I've simply had enough to this wretched condition and can't be bothered to separate the skin so I've ended up with a few puckers.  I keep reading that this condition spontaneously ceases but .................. I'm still waiting.

• Posted

Hi Eileen,

i arent sure sure what the pinching is I get the stinging I think it's maybe thin skin.  HAve you ever been on HRT cream for atrophy?  Just wondering as a lot of people me as well suffer after menopause due to oestrogen link or lack of it.  Is the stinging a bit higher up rather than outside skin?

• Posted

it's the outside skin area and it always surprises me when it happens.  

• Posted

Wonder if it's a specific area have a look with a mirror see if it's red or not, I know you prob do anyhow but thought I'd say.  I showered and ooh heck it stung, don't know why other than I think tight seam on trousers today maybe did it.  I hate having to wear baggy things though x

• Posted

all i have seen is little bumps - no change in color - i remember years ago i had recurring yeast infections and my doc suggested i stop wearing panty hose and have never worn them since.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.