Posted , 4 users are following.

My drs letter reads as follows. Can anyone help me with what this means

The ventricle appears moderately impaired and is mild to moderately dilated

Im very anxious right now

Thank you in advance

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen a doctor? Those of us who respomd to your question have only limited knowledge. We can and will share our experiences and our medications, but that is not a good as seeing a caertiologist.
  • Posted

I have seen him and this was the letter I was sent afterwards about my appt but im a highly anxious individual and just concerned about the wording.

Thank you for your reply

• Posted

Ventricle moderately impaired, means that it is not pumping as well as it should, due to being slightly enlarged, which is what dilated means.

You can get more information from the Cardiomyopathy Association, by visiting cma website - http://www.cardiomyopathy.org, the condition you have is Dilated Cardiomyopathy, they have heart Failure NUrses you can talk to, you could also ask your GP to explain the letter nad how it effects you as he may have more detailed information, The British Heart Foundation aslo have publications you can download or normally pick up from hospitals.

Hope this Helps

• Posted

We can all get anxious about things that are not properly explained to us.

The word moderately should sound reassuring. I was told something similar 14 years ago.

Examine any part of our body in detail and we will probably have a slight something. Very few people are perfect:-)

Did they prescribe anything for their diagnosis?

• Posted

I have ramipril 3.75 mg for my blood pressure as it was high before but is now controlled well with medication.

Thank you for all your comments and help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.