Understanding this Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone!

I know I have posted before but I need to understand some things going on with myself and this anxiety. I thought maybe somebody else is experiencing these symptoms. Does anyone experience the feeling of something draining behind your nose and a weird taste as it drains? It started with the anxiety. Does anyone feel one side of the face numb? It actually isn't but it feels weird. Also does the dizziness and light headedness last for days and weeks like you are never gonna get rid of this illness? I have been in bed all day not wanting to get out because I am afraid I might fall. I also am asking does anyone know of a good medication that will allow me to work and not be spaced out but will also take all these symptoms away? Please help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Lightheadedness is completely normal; I have at least one bout of it every day and this has been going on for months, this is usually accompanied by extreme tiredness and fatigue, do you get this?

You should probably go to your doctor and see whether he/she can refer you to a psychiatrist, as before I went to my doctor I was experiencing all sorts of strange symptoms. I haven't started my meds yet, but will be soon, and it's cal sertraline (I'm not sure if that's how it's spelt) which is an antidepressant. It's supposed to be the most effective and the one that has the least amount of side effects, but I would definitely ask your doctor for some kind of treatment and a psychiatrist, maybe even a CBT therapist. I am starting it now and it's supposed toreally help .

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth

​You need to call your Dr and make an appointment asap. Some symptoms your describing such as the numbness on one side and light headedness that lasts for days. I don't mean to scare you but these are not typical anxiety only symptoms. Please call your Dr as a matter of urgency.

• Posted

I get those same symptoms, and I've been forcing myself to move around and go out to walk my dog. I get numb fingers (mostly in my thumbs), and numb arms. They also, feel tingly. It's even happened to part of my lips. I'm actually planning on getting it checked out, just in case, but that stuff is typical anxiety symptoms.
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
  • Posted

Have you seen your doctor recently?  Are you sleeping? Are you at the age of peri or menapause? The draining is a nasal drip but i think a good idea to maybe see your doctor, if you havent yet. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.