Understating RA and what to expect

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well I am frustrated until I can see a doctor all I can do is deal with the pain, since I don't what to take, I am currently between vocidin and ibuprofen depending on the level of pain. To hear the many discussions it sounds like  I will have another pill to many I already take, lol. My only complaint is the pain, weakness and  swollnesss in the morning. Oh and raising my arm happens from time to time. Then the pain returns again at night possibly of all the activity going all day. I am enjoying the information I am receiving it prepares me for what happen.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Please do not respond, wrong forum
  • Posted

Hello. So sorry you are in so much pain. It is typical of many of us who use this forum, me included but obviously that's not helping you. I have painful joints my shoulder being particularly painful. I'm prescribed codeine and ibuprofen but recently my doctor prescribed Nefopam (also known as Acupan). It's not an opiate and is safe to take with all other medications. It does help me. It may be worth a try because it acts differently to other pain killers.
  • Posted

Everyone with RA has a very different journey so its hard to know what would happen to one person specifically - very likely you will be on lots of medications though! Most people start with pain killers and anti inflamatiories and then also add in one or more major medications (and then often a few others to counteract the side effects of those!). Most start by tablets, but if you don't get on with those, others are available by injection (including ones you inject at home - I go to learn how to do this at the end of the month!) and also by infusion (a drip). Main thing to prepare for is lots of time at the docs/hospital seeing various people and having various tests! OT, physio, X Rays, blood work... 
  • Posted

I too have recently been diagnosed I feel overwhelmed. Trying to take it one day at a time.
    • Posted

That's the best advice you will eventually get to a stage where you can help yourself and tune your response to that days problem and good luck ps it does take time
    • Posted

It is unreal how a year ago I felt healthy. Who would think you're life could change overnight. And I'm one of the lucky ones because I was diagnosed early. Therefore I can start A protocol early. Amazing how some days you can't get out of bed. Yet others see much better. So I would say I have my good days and bad days. It's amazing how your motions go along with it. I try to stay positive and do the best I can on a day to day base. When were you diagnosed how are you dealing?
  • Posted

I am recently diagnosed. I have found Turmeric 3Xday to help with the inflammation.

• Posted

I was wondering is anyone following the Palio diet to help with their RA?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.