underweight | Again Losing weight | Oesophageal Reflux

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All,

I am suffring from acidity problem last 3 years.Last 10 months ago a gestro Dr. found, Oesophageal refulx. I was quite good under his treatment.But From last 2 weeks again  I am suffring from Acidity and loosing my weight. can you please help me to gain my weight and controlling reflux using less of medicine or without medicine.

About My Details: Age 27,height 5 feet and 6 inches and weight 48 kg.

Thanks in advance.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I gained weight by taking my meds and eating a lot... I could only do that with the meds because otherwise I couldn't not eat normaly due to pain...

• Posted

Hi darl I'm having the same trouble as you. Been for bloods done today just to rule out anything serious. I do feel for you. I go weeks were I'm fine and can eat and eat and then like now when it flares up I go days and days and carnt eat x

• Posted

I'm the same I can go months and be ok then I have a flare up and can't eat anything it makes me feel depressed i loose weight I'm having a flare up now don't know what to eat you could try pasta just plain pasta that's a good food to gain weight

• Posted

I get very breathless with my Acidosis, I am using cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water 4 times per day.
    • Posted

How long ur having it ? & Feeling better?

• Posted

Hi Laltu

I sympathise I've been in same situation but I've managed to gain weight slowly over time now I'm a healthy 64kg and I'm 5'7. At my lightest I was 55kg and I looked very thin!! Ive done this without meds. I'm careful with what I eat and when I exercise and when I lay down. I use gaviscon extra at night if I'm bad or dgl licorice.

Have u raised your bed?

Tried digestive enzymes?

I try to avoid diary and lots of meat as this makes me very acidic.

I take lexapro 10mg / day for anxiety.

I try very hard to control my stress as this is a big trigger. Mediation is fantastic for this.

Hope you improve soon.

Dominique

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.