Undescrible gut wrenching dread feeling in chest and stomach

Posted , 4 users are following.

I deal with an overwhelming since of dread. Almost as if I just got hit with the worst news anyone could possibly hear. Or that nervous feeling you get when your scared. Mine is constant 24/7 and its been this way for almost 2 months. I just dont see how this is anxiety! how can this feeling last so long. It litterrally is like a gut wrenching emptyness and fear please tell me someone else has experianced this constantly and gotten over it. I cant see myself living like this forever.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I had this unrelentless dread that you describe and yes I have got over it. Unfortunately to get over it I had to take medication, which I didn't want to do, but in some cases it might be necessary, if you really have tried everything (exercise, yoga, therapy...) and nothing seems to work, medication is an option.

• Edited

what medication did you take? How long did you have the symptom and was it 24/7. how long did it take for the medication to start working?

• Edited

This reply is waiting to be moderated

We sometimes need to review content before it’s published to make sure it meets the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.
  • Posted

oh yes, the ol' chicken little "the sky is falling!" feeling. It's like your brain is convinced the sky really is falling, but you see no hint of danger.

I used to have that a lot, though not all the time.

I went to medication, as I was younger, a new mom, and scared of so much. It has helped me live again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.