Undiagnosed

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I'm a 55 YO woman, having fluttery palpatations, hot flushes when I eat,  Night sweats, cant lose weight, RSI in wrist, feeling fine one minute and literally the next I feel very low. Had an ECG on Friday and having bloods done on Monday to check thyroid. I also get the urge to cough but don't have a cough. Having read up on thyroid, does this sound like typical symptoms? 

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes Shelly 68565 true it runs in families. My sister had a goitre removed thirty years ago, due to over active Thyroid. I read quite a lot on the problems of the Thyroid.  I read up on the Thyroid, as concerned for my sister. So when I started getting symptoms occasionally of underactive, I thought Hashimoto. 
    • Posted

Both Hypo and Hyper run in families and it may skip a generation too boot.  It is important to let your doctor know this.  My sister got tested because I have Hshimoto's and she found she had it.  We carry DNA genes and we need to know what our family members have so we can get diagnosed correctly.  Tell your children also and grandkids.
  • Posted

Yes it is very important to inform family of this. My children and my nieces have this information, and I trust my daughters and my nieces, to impart the information needed to thier children. We as a family talk very freely, about all stuff. Unfortunately not all families do this. This thread on Thyroid is very informative to all of us, so many go un diagnosed. 

Maureen

• Posted

Hello Ooops:  When I was a teen in the 1970's, USA did not test young girls for this disease.  My family never talked about that.  When i was in my mid 20's a doctor diagnosed it and I checked with an Aunt and she got Hashi's after pregnancy.  It can come out at puberty, during or after pregnancy and in late life.  So if it runs in a family it is very important to pass the info on.  They now know more and do test young gals today.  It hits women more, so it is very important to talk to aunts & cousins.  I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.