Undiagnosed abdominal pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been suffering severe intermittent high up abdominal pain for 6 years.It is like a wide band of pain around my waist to the back. I have had endless test and still don't know whats causing it. I have nausea everyday and have to take tablets.This can last up to 5 hours and then return later. I suck crystalised ginger, drink ginger and lemon tea, camomile tea, gaviscon and bicarb apart for the nausea tabs. I can't vomit anymore as I had an operation on my stomach last year. When I could vomit I did. This is not connected to that operation. I have to see the Gastorenterologist on 17th Oct. They brought my appointment forward from next Feb. Thank god. In 6 years I have had  scans, barium meals, camera, e-rays ect and I'm getting a bit worried. I have been in various degrees of pain 24-7 for the last 5 weeks and it makes me totally exhausted and sometimes have to go to bed in the afternoon as I can't function properly due to the pain. Has anyone got any ideas?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you been tested for h pylori and gastritis.
    • Posted

Hi Pippa. The doctor has given me antibiotics this week just in case it is h pylori, but I have only got two days tablets left and there's no change. I have had gastritis and duodenitis in the past, but need another camera to diagnose this. The trouble is I had to take the same antacid tablets when I had it. Do you think I could have it continuously for 6 years? My system is full of acid.

• Posted

so sorry...I have a lot of pain too wakes me in early hours so cant sleep again.

​I use slippery elm for acid ...try health food shop, its natural powder.    your cause maybe wind, this can be the root of  a lot of pain and antiacid tablets wont help....you may have too little acid if over 40yrs.

​after the antibiotics use some probiotics to help reinstate good bacteria.

good luck on 17th.

xxx

• Posted

Hi RVF Thanks for your reply. I am a qualified Herbal Practitioner and have tried some herbs, but I am limited to what I can take due to other medication I take unfortunately. I have been taking probiotics for 40 years and they don't do anything for the acid or pain. I have had a bleeding throat for 4 years and they can't do anything about it. I will look into slippery elm and see if I can take it. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.