Undiagnosed Abdominal Pain Left Side

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello... Hoping to get some insight here. A little over 3 months ago I experienced severe abdominal pain on my left side that came out of nowhere. There was some throbbing and it was severe enough during that episode that I was in the hospital a couple days. Even pain killers didn't seem to help much. The pain eventually subsided but has never fully went away. Some days I don't even think about it and other days it is very bothersome. It has never been as severe as it was when it first came on but still hasn't gone away. I was convinced it was my pancreas, but 10 doctors, 2 CT scans, an MRI, 3 ultrasounds, a HIDA scan, colonoscopy and endoscopy and a plethora of blood work later and NO ONE has found anything. Lately when it flares there is a burning sensation up my left back and the pain feels more like intermittent punching inside. Has anyone ever experienced anything similar?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

Sorry you havent had a response , xmas has probably interupted even our ibs problems !! you seem to have been well investigated !! im glad that nothing has shown up but at the same time it leaves you still in the dark as to whats causing it , you say its not has severe so maybe it will go away eventually , i have had serious pain in various parts of my body over the years and have been convinced there must have been something serious wrong but with time most have just gone away on their own , my gp says the body is good at healing itself sometimes without meds help , im suffering with a pain on my right side atm i have had the endoscomy a couple of years ago and im waiting for the coloscopy now !! dreading that !! hope you feel better soon try to have a good xmas 

• Posted

I have the same exact pain you r describing. Iv had it for about 2 month allready, and I'm also convince it's my pancreas, iv had an MRI, abdominal ultrasound, and a endoscopy and quite a bit of blood work and my gastro says everything came back fine that he think I might have over active nerves causing me pain. I am not convinced! I asked him to look into my pancreas which he say he wants me to do a stool test to see the percentage of fat that on it. So that a test that I have to do next week. Do u have any abnormal stools? Iv noticed that I've been burping a lot to.
    • Posted

Hi Alex. Sorry to hear you are going through this as well. Once in a while I will have abnormal stool but I have kind of been abnormal in regards to that most of my life. Is yours abnormal? That is actually one of the few tests they haven't done and I think I will ask for that next doctor visit. Do you notice if anything in particular seems to cause it to flare up? Do you mind if ibask how old you are?
    • Posted

I'm 27, and not really, iv been trying to eat healthier, so iv been eating quite a bit of salads and iv notice the pain subsides abit. My regular gp has told me he thinks it has to do with stress, which this year iv been quite stressed with remodeling our home and budgeting, but like I sed I'm not convinced on that either, this is quite surprising to because Iv never really had to go to the doctor all my life till this year seems like I'm at the doctors office more than my home. I'm really hoping something comes up on this next test cause my gastro doesn't seem to want to do anything more tests if this one comes out normal.
    • Posted

I actually have been under a lot of stress myself too lately.. I wonder if that is a factor. Does yours flare up worse some days?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.