Undiagnosed and need opinions

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have a very unhelpful doctor at the moment im trying to have it changed but in the mean time would like a couple ideas of what this could be. I am a 21 year old female I have well controlled diabetes. My symptoms do not change or vary with my sugars. I am not a heavy drinker and I don't do any drugs. My symptoms are as follows:

Elevated liver enzymes

Bumpy skin rash

Constant watery miscolored diarrhea

Stomach bloating

Abdominal/feet/facial/groin swelling

Visible bulge under my left rib cage

Difficulty breathing on and off

Constant fatigue

Huge weight loss followed by water weight gain

Confusion

Occasional vomitting

Honestly im miserable I can hardly work any ideas would be so appreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Well what ever it is it really doesn't sound good! First thing you need to do is change your doctor ASAP tomorrow!!! And demand more tests and lie and say you can't work as you feel so unwell

You obviously can't sleep so mention that too!!! It's hard but you have to be strong I know as have had liver pain for 20 years and still I don't have any diagnosis! From being week and listening to all they say! You know your own body so listen to it! If your not that way inclined then take someone with you that is! Write down all your symptoms so nothing is forgotten! Good luck Simon

• Posted

Thank you I am sorry that you still don't know what is wrong. I hope to be diagnosed soon I've had ultrasounds done recently it just seems as though my doctors don't really care to diagnose me and aren't very responsible. They have sent me to do the same blood test multiple times because they don't record that they have sent me or don't change the type of blood test that I need in the file so they just redo the old one instead of giving me new ones. It's ridiculous im just so desperate for answers after waiting over a year to even be able to see a doctor im afraid if I try to switch it will taken even longer to get treatment.

• Posted

When you say that they repeatedly do same bloods, have they done all the hep bloods and not just liver function.

They need to send you to a hepatologist or gastroentologist, have you had fibre scan yet

• Posted

Ask for a copy of the blood test results. You are entitled to them. I go directly to the hospital and always have my gastroenterologist just send me them. I am on first names with his secretary via email and sometimes the gastro will send me update letters directly to me, explaining the situation. I always get a copy of everything, so I know what's going on all the time and can chase up anything that hasn't been done.

When I had my ultrasound, I had a discussion with radiologist who told me what she had found (gallstones). And I got a copy of the written report. The ultrasound should tell them what they need to know. If your kidneys are okay, they could give you a diuretic to stop the oedema (swelling) but you would still need to know the underlying cause. You may have a mixture of problems, dedicient in vitamins/iron/folic acid and something else that is causing it.

How much do you drink, because swelling around the abdomen is usually liver related.

• Posted

No they where supposed to do the hep test and instead repeated the liver enzyme ones. I am miserable and they just said okay come back in six months to check your liver enzymes again. They didn't look any further in to it

• Posted

Have you had your kidneys checked? Water bloating, fatigue and constant watery poop can come from a kidney infection. Good luck.
    • Posted

i have recurrent uti,s can they also cause weight loss if they are going on too long ?
    • Posted

Hi yes I am prone to kidney infections and have had a couple within the time I've had these symptoms however they are not coming from the kidney infections. I have these problems even when I do not have a kidney infection and I have had them for well over a year now

• Posted

hi i have had alot of utis lately , i have lost some weight too, the gp is sending me for ultrasounds as she thinks i could have fibriods pressing on parts of the body, have you had your cortisol level checked, as low can cause alot of the symptoms you mention (addisons ) x
  • Posted

somethings deffo going on i persist with my gp or i can see another if not happy in the practise ive got a few similar probs with my liver at the mo but waiting on a ultrasound soon to know more i feel for you and you mst be really worried hope u get a new gp soon  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.