Undiagnosed and unresolved stomach pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have always had an left upper abdominal pain but it really got bad last year. I was referred to a GI Doctor by my PMD who did an MRI and found a narrowing in my common bile duct. But since my pain was on the left he did an endoscopy and colonoscopy which came out normal. He suggested ERCP with stent placement but that did not help the pain. Thereafter I was referred to a surgeon to remove my gall bladder because a stone was found stucked in my common bile duct. Reluctantly again I went for the surgery which didn't help the pain. A CT scan was done in November and result came out normal. I have done all blood work and xrays and CT scans but everything is normal. Now I only not feel pain in my left abdomen but all over my abdomen, pelvis area, shoulders, chest, back and the pain is really unbearable. My stomach sometimes is so sore that I find it difficult to eat. I don't know if anyone has experienced this. I really need help. This is too much to bear

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan

In too have suffered with left side pain which became unbearable. Had an endoscopy which showed gastritis so am on

Lansoprazole and Ranitidine. Had abdominal scan to check all major organs which thankfully came back clear. The pain has

now spread to my neck, shoulders, abdomen, elbows plus many

other symptoms. Because I have also had stiff joints for a long

time I am being referred to a rheumatologist as they believe I

may have fibromyalgia. My gp thought it might be this for a long time but until you get the all clear from bloods and other tests

they can't consider it. Now they can and if you read up on the symptoms of fibromyalgia, I do have most of them. This may or

may not be the case in your situation but it's worth an ask. Sorry I am not too helpful and please keep us updated with your

progress.

• Posted

Hello Caole90410,

My endoscopy and colonscopy were normal. I am kind of really tired feeling this way. I have even sought second opinion and all they want to do is to expose me to more dangerous scans(radiation) and I have way too many in one year already. If only doctors will just listen sometimes and not quick to order these tests. I even have an enlarged lymp node under my clavicle. I got freaked out. An ultrasound was done and found to be benign. Definitely pushing to see a rheumatologist

• Posted

Hi Susan

I can understand your frustration. It's very difficult when you

can't be diagnosed with something that you know in your own

body to be wrong. It would definitely help to push for

a rheumatologist. At least they can look at everything, especially when all other tests have come back normal. Fibromyalgia is

guilty of causing many symptoms and whilst I am not

suggesting that this is what you have, I'm saying it is a

possibility. Are you based in the U.K. or elsewhere?

• Posted

Hi Susan

I just wondered as here there seems to be quite a wait to see

someone, but I guess in the U.S. its different in that you can see someone quicker but you pay for it. Please let me know how you get on. Will be interesting, but also read up on fibro as it makes

an interesting read. I'm not always an advocate of reading too

much on the Internet regarding health as everything you read

can lead you down the serious illness path, which just makes us panic even more, but in most cases this is not a serious illness

at all. The fact that our bloods and other major tests have come back normal suggests something much less serious. Have a

read and see what you think then speak to your doctor. Good

luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.