Undiagnosed- Any help?

Posted , 2 users are following.

August 2015 saw myself getting a strong flu like virus for a few days.

Since then, my entire body twitches and I have nerve pain throughout my body.

Eye floaters have increased and I feel like ancxiety has increased. 

I work my normal job and do gym totally fine. Eating the same and sleeping fine.

I have no idea what's going on? It's been 4 months now and still no sign of myself getting back to normal.

Im not sure if this is even related to an autoimmune disorder but i thought id try my luck

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Given the time of year that you became ill, I feel suspect that Lyme disease could be a possibility (but I'm no doctor). Did you notice a tick attached to you or a bullseye rash during that timeframe? (It's possible you were bitten in a place where it would be difficult to see a tick or rash.)
    • Posted

Hi there. I live in Australia and it was the middle of winter when i became sick. Beleive it or not it gets cold in Australia where we experienced ice. Im not sure if a tick would be out in these tempretures along with Australia being a low risk area for Lyme. Im really scratching my head with this one! Thanks for the help anyway
  • Posted

Even if you never had a rash it could still possibly be lyme's because less than 50% of people will get any over-emphasized rash.  Other than that information, I can't be of much help.  With you symptoms... there are endless possibility's.  Besides lyme, it could be parasites, fungal, or as simple as a vitamin difficiancy.  Good luck.  I'm others will be along that may be able to be more help.  Good luck!

• Posted

Hi there. I live in Australia and it was the middle of winter when i became sick. Beleive it or not it gets cold in Australia where we experienced ice. Im not sure if a tick would be out in these tempretures along with Australia being a low risk area for Lyme. Im really scratching my head with this one! Thanks for the help anyway
    • Posted

Hi, the way it works on this site is that anyone who is following a discussion gets an email when someone has commented and will reply if they can help, irrespective of whether the comment was directed at them or not. So you don't need to go to the effort of replying to every person. Hope this saves you some time and effort.
  • Posted

Your symptoms may just be co-incidence and may be totally unrelated to the virus you had. Just to be sure, I would go and see a doctor.
  • Posted

I was thinking it may just be a co-incidence also... that the flu is not related to the other symptoms.  Maybe you had the flu or some other virus which in turn made you your body depleated of essential vitamin and minerals.  being low in some vitamis and minerals can cause thoses symptoms.  The twitches and nerve pain  could be causes by low magnesium.  Among others.  I would call your doc and let him or her know whats going on and hopefully they can help and give you the test you need.  Sorry we couldn't be of more help.  Good luck.

• Posted

Epstein barr virus. Many oeople get mono and never knew they had it because it gets better in some without a horrid case, but the epstein barr virus becomes a part of you.p thereafter. You would need an ebv antibody blood test to know and at times they are not accurate nor do some doctors even give them u less its active. My ither guess would be related to working iut and over doing it it can cause issues. A friend did something with his kidney from working out they found it in his bloodwork.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.