Undiagnosed Auto immune disorder destroying my life.

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have been suffering from an undiagnosed auto immune disorder for almost nine years now. I have seen doctor after doctor and even been to the Mayo Clinic twice with no answers. I have been on at least a dozen medications with no results. The only thing that has kept me going is steroids and they are becoming ineffective. Symptoms are welts (hives),rashes, swelling, itching etc..  it is not an immune deficiency, my immune system seems to be in overdrive. Example: you can take your finger and lightly trace your name on my back and in seconds it looks like you used a red marker but it’s also welted up. I have seen some of the best doctors in my state and neighboring states and nothing. Like I said even the doctors at the Mayo Clinic could give me no answers. They told me the doctor I’m presently seeing is doing as good a job at trying to find an answer as anybody at Mayo could do. Somebody out there has to know what this is. I have researched and researched on my own and I have symptoms from dozens of disorders but nothing ties together. Even medication they give transplant recipients so their bodies won’t reject their transplants have not worked. In other words my immune system is killing me. I have no life except my 14 year old son and I am a single parent. It dominates my whole life. If anybody out there suffers anything like this please let me know. At this point I am just locked in my apartment suffering night and day with my son the only thing keeping me going. I had to give up my job making very good money, had finally made it to where I could tell other people what to do, was valued enough that my company gave me a year to try and find a cure and solution and I only have gotten worse. I have been a prisoner in my apartment for three years now. I would like to join the human race again. If anybody has what I have described I’m open to opinions. Please. Anybody. 

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Larry, please get yourself tested for any to all degenerative autoimmune conditions please and be forewarned it could take years on some blood tests where the condition will play hide and seek. But once found its good to know as they can then test you specifically on others and what to look out for.

I have two degen' autoimmune condition sjogrens syndrome and rheumatoid disease

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.