Undiagnosed Blind Spots in Healthy Eyes

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 23 now but woke up one morning with painless bilateral (both eyes) blind spots. There was never really a massive problem as the left eye could see the right eyes blind spot and the right eye could see the left eyes, if this makes sense? Over the last few weeks, I have noticed that they have changed slightly and overlapped meaning a part of my vision is now fully missing.

I have been to two eye doctors now (Ipswich and Norfolk and Norwich) who have both stated they don't see a problem with my eyes. I have a CT scan four years ago also where nothing came back strange and I also had a blood test where nothing abnormal came back.

I don't know if it is relevant but when I woke up with these blind spots, I was ill with a virus/flu. Worst I've ever felt.

My anxiety is absolutely through the roof but not sure if anyone else has or is experiencing this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So when you have your right eye closed what do you see?

When you have your left eye closed what do you see?

When you have both eyes open what do you see?

• Posted

Hi Marina,

Right eye closed is like an island shape and left eye closed is like two dots. Both in Central vision.

With both eyes open I have majority of my vision but a patch sort of, in the middle of the two blind spots is missing at all times where they have overlapped.

• Posted

Dont give up with this problem. Can you ask to be referred to Moorfields hospital as the ophthalmologists you have seen dont seem to be very helpful. You are very young and dont want this to carry on. you need some answers. Your GP should be able to do this for you. There may be a wait, so be prepared. Your GP may also have another idea which they would like you to try first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.