undiagnosed but feel something wrong

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi guys..

for at least 2 months now, i constantly having shortness of breathe,heart/abdominal burn, and palpitation(pounding heart).. i also have constant need to burp(idk why)..i went to hospital last month, did ecg,echo,xray,blood test, and they were all ok

the doctor said that it was anxiety, and just gave me gastritis medicine

but still i experience it everyday, and it is very uncomfortable

can anyone help me what should i do?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

This is a familiar story. Patient very concerned and medical establishment says there is nothing to worry about, which of course then causes anxiety as something is obviously wrong and anxiety is the worst possible thing, as it exacerbates the condition.

This appears to be a new condition. Has anything changed over the last 2 months? New Diet? New home? Marriage, Divorce ,Children, Job? New Cleaning materials or a resurgence in traffic/pollution may also be causes as may putting on weight.

So look at the obvious changes first before going onto other things. A bit like in a car, if it doesn't work you check to see if there is petrol in the tank or the battery works before looking at other things.

Have a look at articles on the "Vagus' nerve, as many people seem to cite indigestion/gastric problems and that they feel better after burping.

So, look at the obvious starting with changes in your life recently. Keep in touch and let us all know if anything has changed.

• Posted

i just went to doctor this morning again...he diagnosed me with panic disorder + gastric..

so i guess i will try to live with it

thank you 😃

• Posted

just one question, i got many pills that say gastric(like 6/7), and told me to take them before eat..just wondering, is it ok to take these pills at once?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.