Undiagnosed dizziness, BPPV or acute labryinthitis?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All,

For about 5 weeks or so i've been feeling dizziness, mostly when i stand up/walking around, it last a few seconds and then passes, it hasn't gotten any worse, maybe there has been slight improvement but i have taken some medicine.

I had seen a doctor and all bloods and other tests were normal, except i had low vitamin D (26) so have been taking supplements. I have seen a few doctors, but they all seem pretty young so i dont entirely trust them. 

I've been given prochlorprezine and cyclizine, which i think is helping. with the Prochloprezine, i could still fee the dizziness, the cyclizine is stronger but helps, only it makes me feel sleepy. 

It's been about 5 almost 6 weeks and its not gone sad i feel the dizziness most if i move my head from left to right very quickly, but other than its fine. - which suggests an inner ear imbalance. 

No one seem's to know what it is, but i am being treated as if it is acute labryinthitis. Has anyone else experienced similar? what do you think this is? 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.