Posted , 5 users are following.
I am a 31 year old male with severe dysphagia:
- Started 10 years ago where it was very mild/required water with meals.
- 2 years ago it got worse and had to slow down on eating
- 1.5 years ago it hit the point where I can only eat small bits of soft food
- 1 year ago it got worse to only soft foods, small amounts, barely 300 calories.
- Currently it fluctuates between bad weeks where a yoghurt will be hard and others where I could eat 2 yoghurts.
- It is also difficult to swallow saliva regularly.
- Feels like something is always there pressing into my throat, if I move my head around it gets worse NOT globus.
- Had Barium swallow, 2 x OGD, 1 x Colonoscopy, 1 x transnasal OGD, S&L therapy and results are everything normal.
- The focus was on the oropharangeal stage as food does not get stuck, it is the moment prior to initiating the swallow.
- Don't drink, don't smoke, no drugs. Had Roaccutane as a teen, that's about it.
- My posture is not great and I don't exercise for obvious underweight reasons.
- I have an appetite and want to eat so badly.
I am getting no help from any doctors. It is a "youll just have to live with it" situation. Where my quality of life is going to get worse as I don't get the nutrients I need.
I need to know what other possibitlites this could be? What I can do to improve it?
0 likes, 3 replies