Undiagnosed heart issue - advise needed!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've been unwell since Christmas and am no closer to being diagnosed. Any help on how to progress my case or feel better would be appreciated!

I've always been into fitness and, prior to this coming out of nowhere, was the fittest I've ever been. I've always had a low heart rate in the low 50's/high 40's. My blood pressure is always on the low end of the normal range. I've had a lot of blood and covid tests where nothing is flagged up.

It started with a tight/crushing feeling in my chest when bent over and dizzyness when standing up. If i got up in the night i would be very dizzy and fall over. Next came a tiredness I've never experienced before as well as uncontrollable hunger and excess sweating. This developed over three weeks.

I then developed heart pain and was very aware of my heart beating.It was also shivering often. Then came the heart racing. For another three/four weeks I couldn't "catch" the episodes by a medical professional. Despite having them at least once a day!

It has now changed again and my heart misses beats rather than having frequent racing episodes. I describe it as feeling like my heart drops out. The bottom feels like it comes out of my chest. Some days I'm absolutely fine and on other days I can't talk without struggling to breath. The tiredness remains and it's all really hard to cope with. Over all my heart rate is so much higher than it was and doing simple things sends it rocketing up.

I have had a 24 hour ECG but I've been waiting so long for the results. I feel like im not being taken seriously and because i dont know whats causing this i feel alone with no-one to relate to what im going through. i feel like people think im making it up because on the outside i look fine and im trying to live my life as normally as i can!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey just came across this i could of wrote this myself , i also am into fitness i teach 4 times a week so i have a low resting also , ive been suffering skipped beats occassinally but the last 2 days its been constant, still waiting on 24 hour tape results although had loads in the past pvcs have been picked up but told its normal , it doesnt feel normal .... i dont know anyone else that feels this

• Posted

you described my symptoms to the t. i have svt, ectopics and get the pressure in my chest breathlessness, dizzy! the last attack of SVT a week ago i asked about the pressure and they could not say what it is. i take a low dose of bisoprolol and thought that was the cause but it isn,t.i have many weird feelings going on with my heart that frightens me sometimes. the doctor that saw me in A and E said my heart is good and i just have this electrical problem in the wiring! when i feel so weird its hard to believe him.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.