Undiagnosed hypo? TSH?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, I’m a 23 year old Male based in the U.K. I’ve been getting really poorly now for around 8 months, every couple of weeks I’d have periods of extreme fatigue, headaches etc. Now it’s all the time and not going away. I eat clean and work out, I’m in good shape so my diet is fine.

I suspect a thyroid problem but my GP says this is impossible as my TSH levels are ok, I’ve ordered a full test privately and I’m waiting on the results. Can anyone advise on TSH levels and my symptoms?

Aching body

Anxiety

Tired all the time

Lethargic

Hot and cold sweats

Low grade fever

Rubbish immune system

Irritability

Nausea

Headaches

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi dan..sorry you are feeling rubbish..i have most of those symptoms exept hot and cold sweats and fever.. i am syb clinical hypothyroidism. which means my tsh is high and my t4 is low.. took several blood tests to diagnose as my dictor say as its a hormone related illness its very changble. so if your doctor isnt helping then im sure a private test is a good idea.. did the doctor not give you any indication of what your symptoms could be??

• Posted

no, the best he can say is chronic fatigue syndrome but i know my body and i know when something else is wrong

• Posted

Hi dan i know exactly how you feel!!

3 years now i have felt like rubbish and i have gotten blood tests done privately because docs wont do a full thyroid panel...

So i got those, and showed them to my gp. image

So as you can see my tsh is high, tgab antibodies very high over range, i have the same symptoms as you do, as well as very dry skin and body hair falling out, raynauds syndrome (where fingers go white in cold situations and will stay like that for ages) and many other symptoms..

BUT gp says antibodies only mean u might get hypo later in life...WHAT??!! im going hypo now! look at the bloomin tsh! and that it wont be causing symptoms ffs.

So then just as they did to you...just say its bloody chronic fatigue syndrome grrrr!

Its not and i know its not! even with the blood tests i have provided, they are still being ignorant and wont diagnose me until i get to tsh 10! even though i feel horrendous when i was @ tsh 2.4!

Its infuriating and im getting nowhere too and i have no idea what to do next.

• Posted

id change docs mate. id also look into why you have so much active b12, it looks like your body isnt using it?

• Posted

i have changed docs lol, this is my new one now! so im trying as many as i can at the surgery to see if i can get a result with them.

My b12 was high because i was taking 5000mcg of methylcobalamin tablets, so it raised my levels for when i had the test done

• Posted

Hi there. I have some symptoms like you. Had severe nausea for about 2/3 months. hot and very cold flushes. lethargy and malaise/ so unwell in general. still trying to find out the cause.

• Posted

This could be me. For weeks I have been experiencing increasing fatigue. In fact people have commented on how tired I look when I get back from a dog walk. I have also been losing hair for years but it is worse than ever now. I had thyroid tests done around 20 years ago as I was putting on weight so easily but was told everything was normal.

Anyway a week ago I started feeling cold, shivery, nauseous and shaky. I can't warm up and only feel reasonable under a throw with a hot water bottle. I thought I must be coming down with something but nothing has materialised. I know we shouldn't google these things but hypothyroidism ticks so many boxes. My AM temperature is low - just over 35. Don't know if this is a symptom too.

The challenge will be actually getting seen by a GP and then not getting fobbed off this time around.

Jennifer have you had any tests done?

• Posted

Edit: Just read that high cholesterol can be a factor. My cholesterol is in the high side. They suggested statins but have been giving it time to try to get it down naturally.

• Posted

Hi Chris. The only abnormal test rest was the tpo antibodies. They were over 1000 and a positive ana test. meaning possible autoimmune disease. I don't know about the tgab antibodies. if they have ever been tested. I just feel so unwell a lot of the time. And the hot spells are getting unbearable. I just would like some answers and help.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Jennifer

Have you thought about getting some private tests done?

I am due to see the GP tomorrow. Most likely they will say 'Oh there is something going around'. Like you I just want some answers. I haven't the energy to take the poor dog for a decent walk and have no appetite at all.

• Posted

Hi sorry you're unwell too. I saw a private endocrinologist today. He doesn't know what's wrong either. he suspects it's a connective tissue disease of some sort. Now being referred to a dermotologist too. Like you I am sick of hearing the words 'we can't find anything wrong. Like you I was told I will get hypothyroidism but can't do anything about it just now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.