Undiagnosed Illness - Possible Thyroid Disorder?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone!

I'm 26 years old, male and have been suffering from an undiagnosed post-viral illness for over 4 years which has basically ruined my life, increasingly more so as it continues to keep worsening. All the symptoms I've been getting are constant 24/7, never fluctuate in any way and have just been a permanent, gradual degradation of functions for the past 4 years. And nothing I've tried in the past years has had any effect at all on any of my symptoms or the way they progress.

My main symptoms include steadily deteriorating mental functions (particularly slow and sluggish processing speed, recall and word finding), flattening emotions (anhedonia, apathy), mental exhaustion pain and discomfort in my head whenever my brain has to think or process anything, severe head pains when resting my head on surfaces, poor vision processing, poor coordination and clumsiness, constant tiredness, ringing ears, insomnia, a heavily bloated abdomen, weight loss and muscle waste, heart arrhythmias (sudden STV attacks, PVCs and bigeminy) and exertional breathlessness and weakness (such as when climbing stairs and lifting heavy objects).

I am now thinking that this would well be a thyroid condition. The last time I had my thyroid tested my TSH was 0.51 mU/L and my free T4 was at 13.8 pmol/L. But I see that my T3 has never been checked and I could perhaps have a problems related to low T3.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.