Undiagnosed issues with my heart?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have this fluttery feeling in my chest that I don't know why, won't go away. I went to the ER two weeks ago and it's been fine until now. They took my blood. I'm not deficient in anything, my heart enzymes are fine they said, my blood pressure was a little higher I guess but they didn't say it was. After salene I felt fine, I don't know why. But my heart rate seems to range from 50-60, and I workout frequently. It only came back a few days after one cup of coffee, and I snacked a lot the day before as well. I can't tell if it's in my head or not. I know going to the ER or urgent care is pointless as everything will come back fine and that will be it. I'm out of answers. Any help would be appreciated

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to add, I am 20 years old, and I work out pretty regularly
  • Posted

So heart fluttering could be pvc or pacs which is said to be harmless. Most people get them just some can feel them. Anxiety can cause them. Also a lower heart rate like yours could be because your so fit. Most athleats have a slower resting hr. Lance Armstrong's was in the 30s from what I read at one point. If it's really concerning check it out with a cardiologist and see if they will do an echo to make sure your all good. Nothing wrong with making sure.

• Posted

See I was just wondering because it went away for a bit but came back. And then the whole, it feels weird and i notice the thump, so I panic, so if it's anxiety i just make myself more anxious. I'd had really hard ones two years ago but an ekg said it was abnormal, but also my age made it make sense. I've just been wondering about it because it gets me afraid and I look up all these problems and I'm afraid I'll die young, though I know that's extreme. I appreciate your comment and it does make me feel better, and I'll be sure to see a cardiologist. Thank you, I mean it

• Posted

I use Google a lot and my doctors HATE it. Lol. Dr. Google will always say the worse. But yes if you panic while it's happening it will make it worse. When it happens use grounding techiqcs. Like 5 things you can feel, 4 things you can hear 3 things you can see. Use all your senses things like that to bring you down. Is a therapy thing my therapist taught me.

• Posted

A coworker mentioned something like that but I hadn't given it much thought. I'll have to try it when it happens next. I appreciate the thought! Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.