Undiagnosed Knee Pain/Ache

Posted , 2 users are following.

Wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms as i've been in Physio for nearly a year with no answer after suffering from the symptoms for nearly 2 years ever since shin splints stopped my running.

I get a dull ache right in the knee crease, slightly to the medial side of my left knee when symptoms flair up. The ache then gets to the point where i can no longer put weight on the knee when running - this ache then disappears when stopping but once a flare up has occurred, i need to take a number of weeks away otherwise it just continues. It got to the point where i was suffering from this even when walking, causing a limp.

I've now rested it and worked on my hamstrings but after my first run in months, i still feel something there - it's in a particular point where i can't attribute to a specific tendon/muscle. The physio believes the symptoms sound like tendon related but (i think) it's the wrong side for the Plantaris and it seems too central for the Gastrocnemius.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, i'm trying to tailor my rehab according to what the most likely cause is. Might be worth mentioning that i do a lot of cycling and that may be contributing to a perceived lack of rest hence still feeling 'something' when i attempt to run after taking a few months off.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

What is "in the knee crease, slightly to the medial side"? Is it knee patellar area?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.