Undiagnosed life-controlling urinary problem.

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi there.

I'm 18 years old. since i was about 7, or really as young as i can remember, I've had this issue.

whenever i go to the toilet, i get an extremely uncomfortable feeling, so much so that avoiding it controls my life. however it is not pain, it is not burning. it is incredible discomfort.

this only happens, I've figured out, if my urine is acidic. i presume this is the cause, as i do not get it when i drink pints and pints of water and urinate roughly every 4 hours. after spending years taking tests and going back and forth with the NHS, they effectively gave up. it completely controls my life. i have to methodically plan out a water source and a toilet, in advance, 24/7. once i get it, the only way to alleviate it is to take a very hot shower (i believe the heat takes my mind off it, which makes it go away). so i never go anywhere without a shower. i dont stay at people houses, i cant camp, i cant even pee standing up, i cant go on long flights without crippling fear, exams, university, everything in my life is completely controlled by it to the point i have to completely factor it in when thinking about career options.

i have other issues which may be related. i feel as though i haven't fully emptied my bladder after extreme exercise. and the other one that badly effects me. i cannot ejaculate before/after urination. if i do, i get an incredibly, destroying sense of my bladder being full. i get the shakes, i drink so much water to flush it out that i make myself vomit. i can avoid this if i wait upwards of 30 minutes before/after, but this is still something that concerns me and presents so many issues.

as a young person, i already feel as though i have missed out on so much in my childhood due to these issues, and i am sick of being afraid and consumed all the time. i just want to be free of this.

if anyone has felt or has heard of anything that sounds remotely similar, please reply. i have searched 100+ hours online over my life and i cant find even the vaguest similar condition online.

thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.