Undiagnosed Pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello anyone who is reading this,

28 yr old male here

Towards the end of January I woke up one morning and had severe pain in my left buttocks/hip and could hardly walk. The pain has not gone away. I went to the ER three weeks ago and they said they weren't going to do any imaging. They gave me a tordal and steroid shot and sent me on my way. The shots seemed to help for 24 hours then it was back to hurting. Now I'm getting a weird pressure down my leg and it feels like the leg is being squeezed over and over. It hurts sooo bad. If I bend at the waist when I stand up and straighten my spine I cant walk and have to hold onto the wall or any object that is near by and very very slowly move. My life now consists of hot baths, ice packs, and medication. I just want the pain to go away. I have no quality of life anymore. 😫

Ive always had issues with my bones/joints and was diagnosed at 13 yrs old with hypermobilty/ joint laxity. At the age of 16 I woke up one night and couldnt stand up and had to crawl and scream for help, I ended up in the ER then and they diagnosed me with sacrolitis. Ive always been able to manage and deal with the pain in my tailbone from that point on. Ive always had odd instances of joint pain in various area of my body - behind the shoulder, collar bone, ankle, knees, neck

In 2018 I was again diagnosed with spinal stenosis and degenerative disk disease of the back and neck after having an mri. All my Dr did was put me on codeine and told me to do some stretches. I've repeatedly asked him for a referal to a rheumatologist as I've always believed I have a rheumatic condition. He flat out has refused and told me I'm a male and just need to accept and deal with it. In December 2020 he ended up loosing his license to practice so now I have no Dr.

I cant hardly walk, the pain in my butt check feels like the muscle is ripping when I get up from sitting, laying down or bending over. I want to go back to the ER but know that they wont help me and its useless to go there. At that point I dont know what to do. No one will help me.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.