Undiagnosed problem for the last 3 months !

Posted , 2 users are following.

In September I fell ill with tongsilitis then my glands started to swell and we thought it was glandular fever , turned out it was a viral infection, I then was diagnosed with a heart murmur and they tested for Lupus and other things which came back clear , I got more symptoms including severe fatigue, headaches , neck pain and chest pain , I got more blood tests and everything came back clear but my heart rate was 103 and I was only sitting in the GP's office so then after that I started getting dizzy when I stand and 3 times I've almost fainted as blackness starts to come over me and I have to sit down , my heart races when I stand until about 150 bpm ! The blood seems to pool to my legs and they turn red and the veins can be seen , I get very nauseous and I actually threw up 3 times last night, couldn't even keep water down , I'm 14 years old and my mum doesn't know what to do, I have a paediatric referral in January but I've missed about a full month of school and cannot attend full days , I need help , what should we do ?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophie

When your heart beats really fast, it is termed Tachycardia. What a pediatrician or pediatric cardiologist need to determine is where the tachycardia is originating from. Most pediatric tachycardia resolves on its own. But 150 bpm is indeed, too rapid. Sophie, how do you know your tachycardia is 150 bpm? If you have been measuring an increase from 103 to 150, you need to tell your pediatrician today. Your pediatrician is basing your referral on 103. 150 should get you seen much sooner.

I am not a pediatrician. That said, 150 bpm is way too high.

hugs

• Posted

Hi my normal resting heart rate when I lay down in bed is 75 , when I stand it is usually 125-150 bpm , I fainted yesterday but luckily I fell against the wall , it makes me extremely dizzy standing up , I know my heart rate because I use an app on my phone to check it and also do it using a stop watch , I only started doing this because I could feel it racing in my chest
    • Posted

Forget the app...rather you can purchase a wrist cuff blood pressure heart rate.

Perhaps your blood pressure is suddenly dropping when you stand up....this would cause s momentary blackout.

• Posted

Hi , I currently don't have much money to buy a blood pressure cuff as Xmas is coming up lol , I've been having major tummy problems, I'm unable to keep much food down

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.