Undiagnosed problem I've had for three years

Posted , 1 user is following.

So, I had testicular torsion when I was 14. My right testicle was removed, and my left was sewn to the wall of my scrotum to prevent torsion on that side. At 18, I began to notice a lump on the bottom right side of my remaning testicle, along with it seemingly becoming firmer and larger, and had occasional discomfort / slight pains in the surrounding area (not on the lump itself). I am now 20 and I've have been to the Urologist three times for this (two different practices), and there is still no diagnosis on what the lump is or what could be causing this. I usually get told something along the lines of "well it doesnt seem like you have cancer" but get no actual identification of what is happening. Any ideas on what it could be or advice on what to do next? Could it be a possible misdiagnosis of cancer even after three visits?

I'm in college at the moment and having constant paranoia of possibly having undetected cancer or something else is extremely distracting, I lose sleep over it often. I usually wouldn't use something like this forum, but I feel like I'm running out of places to find an answer.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.