Undiagnosed stomach pains

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, 

For several weeks I have been getting really bad stomach pains. I’ve had a lot of blood tests, ultrasound and a barrium swallow and nothing has been found.

It’s mostly all in my upper quadrents most of the time it feels like there’s a brick in my left upper side but then it will move to the right side and be more of a stabbing pain. 

It doesn’t change my pee or poo, I do eat pretty bad reflux and nausea if I eat a big meal. 

What could this be?? I’m also on Lexapro and have been for 5 months could this be a side effect of that? 

Please someone help me..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you been tested for SIBO? 
    • Posted

Not sure... never heard of it. Would that cause pain in my upper abdomen? 
  • Posted

Hi dint  your doctor ordered you to do an endoscopy because barium swallow may sometimes give false results as it happened with me ,., it showed normal ,., but my endoscopy result showed that I have got antral gastritis ,., I guess you should ask your doctor to order you an endoscopy because its much more accurate 
    • Posted

That’s probably a good idea, my doctor is convinced it’s just anxiety and doesn’t really do much but I know this isn’t anxiety!
  • Posted

Because I too had similar symptoms like you severe nausea after meal , indigestion like feeling after meal, fullness in upper abdomen, loss of appetite, weight loss 
  • Posted

Go back to your doctor and ask for an endoscopy. Ask about gastritis. Check the medication information leaflet to find out about side effects.  If you were fine before this medication, but if these symptoms began after taking this medication, it may be a side effects.  You could try coming of these medication slowly to see if you feel better.
  • Posted

Try a 50 billion flora critical care probiotic.   Give it at least two weeks..  worked fir me...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.