Undifferentiated Arthritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have changed the hospital as things were getting worse. Pain

started with my feet and then knees. In the new hospital Dr had taken many test to see what's the problem, in the end the conclusion was "undifferentiated Arthritis" taken knee x-ray. and found it to be osteoarthritis. Still taking methotrexate but increased to 6 tab and injection . Also prescribed the following medicines;

Triamcinolone inn 40 mg, lidocaine 1 percent, Engerix- B 20 MCG, plaquenil 200mg, Arcoxia 90 mg, prednisolone 5 mg and Amitriptyline,

Both my knees are swollen and stiff even after removing the fluid. I'm so worried. This is my third week to the new Hospital and the Dr gave all this medication. Every time I go he asked me to take blood test.

Can anyone share your ideas/views and if you have gone through the same. Thanks in advance.

God bless you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Wow - I feel for you. 

I have psorasis arthiritis, I suspect my dad had it as well, genetic marker for it, a series of letters, came back negative, but as Dr said that doesn't mean I haven't got it or so I am told, just on different genes.  I also come back negative for rheumotoid arthritis.  My ESR is about 77, and my CRP about 36 at last readings, far to high I am told, by rheumo Dr.

I am on 35mg of MTX, injectable, 10mg of Arava or Leflunomide, (cannot tolerate 20mg, extremely high blood pressure), apparently am about 2% of the general population, big help to be told that, because it was working, and Paquenel 200mg X 2 a day, paquenel has just been introduced as a new drug, chemist was horrified, and said you must keep up your blood tests monthly, and get you eyes tested as well, apparently their is a danger to my eyes on such high levels of drugs. 

I have been experimenting with food and have found that if I go strictly NO WHEAT, my levels of pain have settled, I notice the difference within about 4 - 6 hours, pain levels different, not completley gone, but a change, couldn't believe it, so tried some bread, AGHHHHH. Check everything, if trying this, even resorted to ringing manufacturers to check, next item I am checking is my pain killers am suspicious of wheat as a filler, as I feel worse after taking, pain gone, but as they wear off, I notice the pain is worse, have even checked with Dr some time ago could my pain killers be causing me problems. 

Blood tests are normal i'm afraid to check if your live is coping with the drug levels, they don;t want to kill you if they can avoid it.

Best wishes hope you can get on top of arthiritis.

• Posted

last paragraph, Live is supposed to be liver. sorry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.