Undigest food in stool is because of IBS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have been suffering from a complexed condition since about last 3 years i am facing abdominal pain on both belly sides my stools are not normal its always short in both condition watery or hard and i always see undigestive food in my stools since about 2 years back doctor said it's IBS but I am not satisfied i don't feel relax after stool passed i had various type of test like endoscopy colonoscopy all blood tests but all tests were ok I have not been advised MRI Or st scan yet you people plz tell me is undigestive food in stool and constant but mid_pain are signs of IBS also what type of tests should I go with to confirm that my this condition is be cause of IBS

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

A few years ago I started having quite a few episodes of diarrhoea. A friend suggested I tried Colpermin. The medicine is specifically for IBS. I found it helped so guessed I had IBS and started getting Colpermin on prescription. I though that one of the GPs at the surgery had actually diagnosed me with IBS but apparently this is not the case.

As well as Colpermin you can also try Buscopan. You can buy both of these over the counter at a chemist and if you find they help you can get them on prescription.

Hope this helps.

Do take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

As suggested by you I have started taking colpermin capsules can you plz tell me when to take it after or before meal?

• Posted

Sounds like IBS since your tests have been normal; accept your doctor's diagnosis of IBS.Your symptoms are typical of IBS. Try a food diary to see what foods don't digest well and ask your doctor for an antispasmodic like Buscopan. If your doctor has said IBS after the negative tests you have had, he is confident in his diagnosis. Believe your doctor!

• Posted

IBS can certainly cause those problems. It's different for all of us. Have you tried to ask for a second opninion?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.