Unexplainable bruise hasn't dissapeared after 6 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have this bruise on the back of my shoulder that I have no idea where came from. If first noticed it in January, so I've almost had it for 6 months now.

It sometimes fades and turns an orange/brownish colour (you kan kinda see it on the last two attached images) but then the next day or the day after, some of it will have turned bright red again. It's flat to the touch and not painful at all. It stays the same size and place. Otherwise I'm an overall healthy woman, 24.

I've already booked a time to see a doctor but the earliest time was in 2 months. Does anyone know what this can be and if I should be worried?

Thanks for your time 😃

I himageimageimageimage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I suggest that you ring Your doctor and insist on an earlier appointment, I cannot believe you have had this for 6 months and only just decided to see a doctor, no one on an Internet forum will be able to give you a diagnosis so if you are worried about it then ring your doctor again and ask for a rapid access appointment

• Posted

Hi Mairie,

I agree will Alexandria in that none of us can diagnose but may be able to help work out why now ? So, did you change anything about 6 months ago? washing powder, new bedding etc. Do you sleep on your side?

I have had something similar that was caused by the way I was laid in bed. mine did not stay so long though.

It is like the mark is getting better then it is being re affected which is why I ask about how you sleep.

Ask back at the doctors for a quicker appointment if you are worried.

Beverley

• Posted

Hi Beverly and thank you for your time!

I have thought about the sleeping position as well but I usually sleep on my stomach or sides like I always have. Did changing your sleeping position fix your problem or did it go away on its own?

I also thought that I might have used my arm too much during a workout but it has never been sore and it has been a long times since I was very active.

In any case I'll hear what the doctor has to say and I might call to get an earlier appointment.

Thanks again 😃

• Posted

Hi Marie,

No worries. Mine went away on it's own but I get it in different places and only when I have been in the same position for a long time.

let us know what the doctor says,

Beverley

• Posted

Hi Beverley,

Ah, I can see why you think your sleeping position is to blame then.

I will keep you updated!

/Marie

• Posted

Hi Marie,

Did you get an earlier appointment in the end?

Beverley

• Posted

Hi Marie,

did you get an answer from the doctor?

Beverley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.