Unexplained Chest pain! Help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, 

My name is Jay and i am a 14 year old typical tennage girl. I have a chest/heart problem since i have been five years old but in this last month it has become worse and worse. i am now desperate.  

It started as a fluttering in my chest that would last five minutes at the most. i was five and i don't really remember much more than that. When i became six or seven they went to ten to fifteen minutes and i began to feel sick and dizzy and clammy to the touch. 

when i turned eight and nine i started to have an aching that occured with it in my chest. some were worse than others and i had to go to hospital more times than i can possibly remember. at eleven, they started to exhaust me and even if it finished and i was fine, my mum was have to bring me home from school because i couldn't keep my eyes open. 

At twelve it became worse. i started having them more often, 3 maybe 4 times a week and lasting upto two hours. the flutterings had kind of taken a back seat at that point and it was mainly the pain. 

last year i had one that lasted six hours and i had two ecgs right in the middle of it: guess what they showed....nothing! Just like all the others!

last december i had a chest ultra sound with three doctors, two nurses and god knows who else including two cardiac speialists present and nothing. i was discharged and basically told their was nothing wrong with me. 

I started to grow out of it like they said i might early this year. but my parents are outdoor caterers and we went to an event in sheffield late june and i had quite a major episode and due to the severity of it i ended up having a panic attack on top. my dad came round the back of the van and found me on the floor in like a daze, not quite unconitous but close to it. we got paramedics and they did ecgs, blood sugar etc. nothing. 

i was terrified. i honestly thought i was having a heart attack and i was so exhausted afterwards i fell asleep mid conversation. currently, this is not my problem. 

it is usual for my chest to hurt for about two days after a major attack at about 2 out of 10. it got to ten days after the attack and my chest was still hurting. i keep having fits or sort of spasms where i am in crippling agony and i have had to go to a and e a few times for morphine to free me from the pain. i have to take paracetamol every six hours and if i miss a dose i have a fit. 

sometimes i have fits and it causes the pain toi go up and stay up for example: start of fit = 2 out of 10, during fit = 9 out of 10, end of fit = 4 out of ten. and then it would go down again. this doesn't happen during all fits but it has steadily been going up over the last 2-3 months. 

my sitiuation is desperate because i am now at 8 out of 10. i am on the verge of unbearable pain. the doctors have no clue. i have been refferred to a pyschologist thinking it may be stress. she has confirmed it isn't but it is causing me depression (understandable, i think!) but they have no idea. 

i am trying to stay calm but truthfully i am scared because i don't know how pain killers are going to hold up and i dont want to be on medication at this age. i am 14 and i am in constant pain. this is ruining my childhood. if anyone has ANY ideas i am open to absolutely everything at this point. 

Any advice greatly apprieated. Thanks. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, this sounds truly awful, but it really doesnt sound like a heart attack.Have you changed your diet?  like no caffeine whatsoever, this means no coke etc, or rubbish food. If I was you and the doctors said they didnt know what the problem was .. ask your father to take you to an alternative therapy doctor. This worked for my horrible pain - I didnt believe a few pins stuck in me (doesnt hurt) would help but they did - woke up next morning so happy. Good luck,jay and update us on your progress. 
    • Posted

Thanks, i will try the diet and i am already looking into alternative methods. Just had to be brought home from school because of the problem. It seems to be getting worse and the paracetamol i have to take every six hours arent having as much affect as they were. has anyone got any advice on pain relief until i get get it sorted?
    • Posted

Google acupuncture, find a good chinese doctor you can use, I am lucky as I have a great one a few miles away who has stoppe my pain and several of my friends who I had to drag there-  the usual moan .. " I dont like needles " not needles, tiny fine pins that dont hurt even if you look like a hedgehog for a while !  My doc diagnoses the problem, why you are hurting. Hurry up and go, Jay, you cant keep eating drugs. 
    • Posted

I have had acupuncture and will try again but still no result. My doctor has basically told me they don't know what it is so i just have to get on my life. I am now seeing a pyschologist because they think it might be anxiety, but she has already said no to this theory and is instead more concerned about my depression. Honestly, they are all making me feeling like i am some kind of pyschopath! I'll try acupuncture again, i guess it's worth a shot. Thanks for your help. And they are worried that i may accidentally overdose now, they aren't doing anything though. I hate my doctors so much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.