Unexplained dizziness/vertigo

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have battled off and on dizziness for about 8 years. every time it happens, it stays for about 3-5 weeks at a time. ive noticed this time and the last time, the dizziness began once i returned home from camping in the mountains. my doctors have sent me to the same ENT over a 6 year difference. both times he said it was caused by the muscles in my back. told me i had a weak upper body. makes zero sense. when im in changing elevation my ears pop a lot. even since being home my ears crackle a lot. ive done everything i can think of. ive tried pressure point therapy, essential oils, epley maneuver, cant find any relief. ive been dizzy daily for 15 days now. first thing in the morning i usually feel fine. then it lingers all day long. im tired of laying around. doctor just chalks it up to vertigo and does nothing else. what do i do?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HippieOiler,

I have had the same exact experience! It's maddening. I've also been to an ENT and have been told I need surgery (tonsillectomy) but I'm trying to avoid that. I also feel like first thing in the morning but it gets progressively worse throughout the day. My ears constantly pop and I feel pressure behind my eyes. I've tried just about everything. I don't know if you also experience anxiety with it, but that's also been my experience. It lingers for so long that I start to worry it's something serious, then the anxiety comes along and makes it worse. Do you also experience ear pain and or headaches along with this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.