Unexplained feeling within the upper stomach and lower chest

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, 

I wanted to start this discussion off by sharing with you a little about myself. I am a 23 year old male who trys everyday to take the best care of himself. I take a fish oil and a multivitamin once a day everyday. I workout 5-6 days a week and take it very seriously. I meal prep my foods and the best way to explain my lifestyle is a bodybuilding lifestyle. I am also a full-time nursing student. I work part time as well. 

I also want to share my family history cause I always feel like that is very important. From what my parents have told me heart disease, diabetes, cancer such as pancreatic and colon cancer run in the family. My grandpa when he was sixty who is my fathers dad had a stent put in for his heart at the age of 60. He is 79 now turning 80 soon. He recently about two years ago got diagnosed with alzehimers and we try our best to take the best care for him. He also the past week as had mini strokes. 

The reason why I am posting this thread is cause I am honestly very scared and I am not sure if I am having severe anixety attacks or if I am having a real underlying condition. For about two weeks now I would get constant heart palpations that would make me really nervous. On top of the heart palpations I would get a very weird uncomfortable feeling in my upper part of the stomach but it would come a go. I also constantly have a tioght feeling in my stomach that comes and goes and it worries me cause sometimes when I push my stomach in it feels kinda tight and my stomach does not feel as relaxed as it usually does. I do check my own blood pressure and I have yet to come across a high reading cause my numbers usually range at the systolic of 120-130 and the dialostic of 60-80. I am so nervous that I could becoming down with an aortic aneurysum abnd I dont know why I think this. I hear from people about people getting aortic aneurysums from weight lifting and even being very healthy. Like a female who never smoked, drank, never had high blood pressure or abnormal cholestrol levels developed this horrible disease. It scares me honestly. I am so scared to workout cause of all this. I have an appointment set up with my doctor this tuesday cause the next cardiolgist appointment was not until 2 months from now and I honestly cant wait that long. 

Am I overreacting or could this possibly be a seriopus condition? Both my mom and dad havent come down with anything serious up until this date. Is this anixety? I am so nervous cause sometimes my lower sternum area feels achy and like a very very slighty sharp pain but its nothing that is making me turn over or feel like its so painful. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey Matt, I came across this thread and I must say that I'm sorry you haven't received any replies for the last 10 months. I hope you're doing good. I have the same symptoms as you (been over 3-4 months now) and have been to the emergency 3 times, I was wondering if you had ever received a diagnosis of some kind ? I am beginning to think it's a 'hiatial-hernia', possibly causing a bit of pressure near the heart which would cause the palpitations and anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.