Unexplained gross hematuria

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting.  Some six weeks ago, i had gross hematuria.  Went to an excellent urologist and he ordered all of the urine tests, the kidney function blood test, did a ct with and without contrast, and last week did a cycstocopy.  Everything came back negative.  I am a 60 year old woman, non-smoker.  Now my husband and I are on a 3 week vacation and it happened again.  No pain, however I do have increased frequency.  Of course, I will call again when we get home.  He wanted me in at 3 months just to recheck, but would appreciate knowing if anyone else has had this.  He said I do have a small kidney cyst but that it would not cause symptoms.  Thanks for any input!  I really do not want this to ruin this special time for us, but it is hard not have it not be a big concern.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yeah i totally understand why is a big concern and sorry your going through this. I have one on benign hematuria on my liver. But my right side be killing me so much for pass week or so,  my doctor thought was UTI and i've been taking meds for it but still hurts me, even more today.  And all my tests came back negative too but i know something else is wrong besides my UtI or unless it's really bad one. 

• Posted

I had gross hematuria for 6 months pain in my rt side and all my test came back clear.i am still very concerned and dont know where to turn any suggestions
    • Posted

I raced back into the Dr after we got back from our trip.  Tests all came back fine. If you have been to a urologist and also to your gynecologist for a vaginal ultrasound, (to rule out anything there), then sometimes things are just a mystery.  I must have had a uti that had not cleared up.  They will still keep checking me, now every 6 months.  It can sure be stressful though, and so scary.  Anyone who has had this knows for sure!  
    • Posted

It's very frustrating i had a complete hysterectomy 3 yrs ago.. I just am at a loss.its a lot of pain and a lot of pain.

• Posted

Going back to the hospital still have noticeable blood in my urine and the pain. They have to find something.
    • Posted

I know this is an old post Rose did you ever find the cause?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.