Unexplained penile irritation / scrotum tingling that comes and goes

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 26yo male. So since Feb of this year a weird thing has been going on with me: I've had weird penile sensations and irritation. It started in Feb, I had just quit smoking weed and my body was doing a lot of crazy stuff like night sweats, chills, hands sweating, etc and I had sex unprotected in early Jan so I got consumed with a lot of Health Anxiety and went to the ER. They tested me and checked everything and everything came back fine. Of course I still thought I had an STD and my gono/chlamydia test hadn't come back yet, the literal next day I started getting sensations like: a leaky, crawling irritated feeling in my penis as if it were discharging, the penis head feeling wet or moist often, and my scrotum tingling. Went on doxy at the time and it stopped for a little while, then it came back and then I had to start taking penicillin in March bc a urethral culture said e. faecalis. Symptoms went away a little while after starting penicillin but then came BACK when I smoked weed a few days before finishing the meds which was really perplexing.

Then symptoms went away in April, then came back in May when I started freaking out about having an STD again. Then the e.faecalis was revealed to be back and so i took more penicillin and also flagyl. I've been off meds for a little over 3 weeks and the leaky crawling feeling is gone at this point, just some penile irritation. the tingly scrotum is mostly gone too. So, it's just the irritation and the tingly that pop in and out, but my penis head feels moist really often even though I know it isn't and usually isnt when I check. I won't feel symptoms in the morning when waking up or when I'm busy, so I wonder if it's related to stress? I was EXTREMELY stressed and anxious about having an STD before but I know I don't bc i'm repeatedly negative for everything. So I've let that go at this point.

My urologist does not suspect prostatitis or anything (prostate exam was normal, and no pelvic pain), and my doctor suspects nothing wrong. The irritation especially appears after I pee, if I actually have to pee at any given moment then it all pretty much goes away. So I wonder if this is related to stress and anxiety? I've also had a heavy feeling in my chest around my heart constantly probably bc of all the anxiety i've gone through. But all tests at this point are negative, literally everything you could think of is negative(MRI, urine cultures, tests, testicular ultrasound fine, testes and penis appear just fine etc) . Also when I went to my urologist last visit, a bladder scan showed 134mL of urine left but 3 visits before that between March and May showed nothing... he wasn't concerned because it wasn't a big number.

So I've been exercising and trying to calm myself down, but it seems like every day is a little different with these sensations and its been really annoying. I was having to pee a lot around when I was taking the meds but that isn't here anymore. The scrotum tingling was CONSTANT until like 2 weeks ago, now it pops in and out and is really transient and will pop in and out while I'm sitting. No leaky crawly feeling anymore, just some irritation in my penis that is mild mostly but notable when I get stressed, and after peening and while standing up. It almost feels like an irritation like there's still some pee left in there. Almost like if I strained REALLY hard, I could make more come out. It also feels like my penis head is wet really often or like the spot where it sits in my underwear is wet often, but i wonder if that's just me overly fixating.

This whole year I rarely drink coffee, and I don't drink alcohol at all. Drinking coffee doesn't seem to make much of a difference when I do either way. Eating spicy food also had no change, likewise with fast food, etc etc.

So I kinda feel like I'm getting better but its hard to tell. Past two days were decent, today I had the wet spot feeling a bit but I did get really stressed over something. Right now just some mild irritation and the tingly scrotum feeling kinda pops in and out. I don't masturbate a LOT, usually one or twice a day but sometimes I give a day or two break.

Could this really be due to stress/anxiety? Just wondering if anyone has any input or ideas. There really isn't anything I can do on the medical side anymore but I'm just curious. When going #2 in the past I would strain really hard after pooing in order to get all the pee out, I hope that didn't mess me up or give me pelvic floor dysfunction or something. Thanks in advance whoever reads and comments and sorry this is so long!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

There are so many things to say to that message. The best thing to do is exercise and control your urges. It if happens often then speak to a doctor. If it doesnt happen so often, time is likely to cause healing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.