Unexplained shortness of breath and tired heart

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 23, I had a bad habit of eating junk food and drinking carbonated drinks all the time. Stopped consuming junk food more than an year ago but continued with the carbonated drinks up until now.

How it all started

One day when I had coffee for the first time, I lied down at night and felt a mild needle like pain under the left rib which kept came and went couple of times.

How I handled it

I've had acid reflux many times before and I haven't been doing any physical activity for the past year so such cases were similar for me and I ignored it.

It worsened

Next night when I lied down same thing happened, I'd feel similar pain under left rib. Sometimes front and behind.

I quit tea, soda and coffee after that and gradually reduced the food quantity I eat after that. But now I could also feel this pain in day while sitting or walking randomly. The main was never too much it was mild but mostly happened in the same left side.

While playing video games I was sweating more than usual and got really tired.

A few days later I started having a little bit of trouble breathing and decided to go to a doctor.

What the doctor said

The doctor checked my temperature, blood-presdure, asked if I have cough (the answer was no), and checked my breath using a stethoscope (at that time I wasn't having any difficulty breathing). He said I'm fine, gave me an injection and some medicines for stomach and gas.

Next day before evening I started having difficulty breathing (more than last time) and I could feel my left side being tired. That made me feel like I'm about to have a heart-attack. So I went to another doctor.

What the second doctor said

I told him everything, he asked me if I had coughing (I said I don't). He also checked my left backside using a stethoscope, blood-pressure, temperature and then took a blood test and chest x-ray. After examining them he said everything was fine but my uric acid was high (8.1). Gave me two injections, medicine for 15 days.

Current situation

I feel very fine in the mornings after, like there's nothing wrong and completely healthy. After noon I while working (I do computer programming at home), I start feeling the same symptoms; tiredness especially on the left side of chest and back, shortness of breath wich gets worse until evening.

These symptoms tend to go away almost immediately when I lie down in an Air-conditioned room or drink some water. The condition worsens when I'm in an environment with high temperature.

Any idea what's wrong with me? I'm being careful with my diet, trying to think positive and taking the medicine. But this is all very confusing.

I don't have any pain in my joints, why would uric acid affect me in such way? it's unheard of.

Thank you if you read it all, any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

A heart is like the brain, they need to be constantly worked and trained to escalate good activity and promote better performance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.