Unexplained symptom depersonalization like

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, everyone and thank you all in advance for reading this!

My name is Olga. Middle-aged woman, multiple sclerosis

Keto diet, daily vitamins and exercises.

For many years I had been experiencing the weirdest symptom ever and I was unable to find explanation for this. Then it disappeared and I thought I wouldn't feel it again. And it just happened to me again. Again, without any explanation. I decided to google it and found something similar described here. Yet it is still not exactly what I'm experiencing.

So, it always starts when I'm relaxed. Usually when I'm at work, casually working on pc and the whole ordeal lasts only seconds. But during these seconds I go through all kinds of transformation inside myself.

Without any warning I start feeling drifting away to some different reality. And I lose control of myself, it's like stupor. I suddenly start remembering something long forgotten but I can't grasp it. Everything starts feeling surreal and unreal. And then I start feeling slight pressure applied, as if, directly to my brain. It feels like my brain is getting squeezed. It gets very intense and even feelings on my skin and my surrounding, all suddenly becomes unfamiliar, new to me. This feeling reaches some peak point and then it's like all the pressure on my psyche and physical body is gone. And it's like waking up. I suddenly no longer feel myself. I suddenly no longer recognize myself. I also feel weight on my chest and slight tingling on my skin. And I am no longer myself but a different unrecognizable person. But, it's like my real self. The office I am in right now feels so new to me. I was here so many times but I don't recognize it. However, I feel weirdly good. Nothing hurts, no bothers me.

I was just gone for a couple of seconds and returned a new person. It's still me but not exactly.

It hadn't been happening for a long time. I don't know what triggers it. I don't understand it. My psychologist couldn't explain it.

Thanks again for any kind of advice and help.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.