Unexplained symptoms, I don't know what to do anymore!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello! This is going to be a fairly long story but please please bear with me.

I am a 28 year old female with a lot of health issues and no conclusive diagnosis.

It all started about 3 years ago when I began to have restless sleep, muscle twitching all over my body, tinnitus in one ear, hives, itching and pain under ribs and right lower abdomen. A few months after this all started I fell into a deep depression and got anxiety aswell.

I was diagnosed with IBS and later with depression and anxiety, and was told my symptoms were somatisations, but no psychiatric treatment could make me feel better.

Over time I did more tests than I can imagine, and the only things that came back abnormal were a low neutrophils and WBC from time to time, low vitamin D and high ESR.

Lately I feel so tired that i can barely go to work, I wake up in panic, I seem to have allergies to preety much all the food I eat and I never had problems with allergies all my life, I have digestive problems like heartburn and constipation, I can't focus, can't find my words and feel generally so ill that I don't know how much I can take this anymore.

I did an ANA test twice and it came back negative, because I thought I might have an autoimmune disease. My thyroid is also fine.

Do you think this could be caused by parasites? And if not, do you have any idea what should I do cause I am lost...

Thank you very much!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi ally.  Many of the symptoms you have many of us have had.  Mine hit me slowly with things I could sort of overlook until one day I realized how did I get to feeling this horrible?   So, if you have a high esr, low vitamin d...my honest gut feeling is you probably have an autoimmune disease.  You must must must stay your own best advocate and do not give up on the doctors who tell you “this may all be in your head, or, we all get aches and feel awful from time to time” when you know it’s something more.  Tinnitus, constipation, headaches, pain under ribs, fatigue, muscle twitches and pain.......ALL linked to inflammation (which is why high ear and low vitamin d, by the way) and high inflammation can mean autoimmune disease.  Which one?  Who knows but keep on doctors for answers.  I had to and so did most others.
    • Posted

Thank you very much for your answer. Next week I have an appointment with an allergist/immunologist to discuss some test results for some antibodies (which came back negative) and maybe after that I will see a rheumatologist.

I just want to know what's wrong with me, because it is torture to live like this every day...

• Posted

Hi Ally,

Have you checked for Candida or Fungus ? it will have the symptoms as you said. It can stay in body even more than 10yrs if your food habits are bad.

See candida diet if you can try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.