Unformed stool

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone

Already 2 months I experience unformed stool. It's not diarea it's actually number 5 on Bristol chart. However sometimes I have formed stool. I'm 20 years old . It started after my exams period. I also have mucus sometimes. I also did h.pylori test and it Igm showed 6.3 which is a bit high.

I went to gastroentrologist he told he will not treat pylori now because he need to do endoscopy . He doesnt believe blood analysis.

I want to ask can this bowel movement be something serious .

Also I have constant burping . Can it be due to h.pylori

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You need all the evidence to get some help,  the exams may have set off ibs,  which you need confirming grey should provide you with medication and help to know what this is and how to manage it.  H-pylori you can sort out some it goes,  ibs doesn't but can be managed. 

• Posted

Thanks Sam

Doctor tells that colonoscopy is unnecessary now. He will arrange endoscopy to confirm h pylory. He tells that nowadays you will notice that only few people have ideal stool . That's because our diet is very bad. We drink water with food at the same time which makes stool loose and unformed.

He told me to do blood test and ultrasound. Both came perfect. Hemoglobin level is 160 . I did lung xray as well. Its also normal. Stool test is not very normal. There r no hidden blood or pus , however there is mucus and little undigested food. I never had constipation in my life btw.

• Posted

Hopefully i dont have a cancer.

I'm very worried

I'm just 20 years old with no history of any cancer not just bowel.

• Posted

You're worrying unnecessarily,  my grandfather had bowel cancer I have ibs but not anything else.  You'll be fine when you discover what is wrong. 

• Posted

An endoscopy would show if you have H pylori.  If you have it, the sooner it is treated the better to make sure it clears up..  IBS is also a possibility since you have had stool changes,and mucus after exam stress  Stress can cause IBS. Do you have stomach pain that moves about, any nausea, food intolerance or bloating?  IBS is treatable but not curable.
    • Posted

Hi

No I don't have any pain , nausea , when uieat a lot i can have bloating but not bad one. I don't know about food intolerance

• Posted

To find out about food intolerances, try a food diary. Have you changed your diet in any way?  Don't worry; you are very young.  Cancer would be very rare at your age.  Worry will make your symptoms worse.

• Posted

Thanks

Btw is number 5 and occasional 6 in Bristol consider normal. It's written for some people is they r controlling urges it's normal.

Btw can burping be caused by H.Pylori

• Posted

At this age you must never expect cancer due the problems as mentioned by you. You will see there would be nothing serious.Good luck.
  • Posted

Btw I figured out that when I'm eating meat with mushrooms plus alcohol stool comes like 6 from Bristol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.