unfounded paternal doubt for father

Posted , 3 users are following.

noticed 2000 plus discussions on here!now heres something ive got(rumination deppression)i beleive its called?my go to place when im deppressed is "what if?" i wasnt the biological father of one of my children?no reason to doubt whatsoever,started with my 1st born(30 odd years ago)got treated on sertraline which sorted it.started again last year this time my 2nd born it just goes over and over in my mind analysing what if my ex partner slept with someone else?totally unfounded?doesnt stop me loving and having a caring loving,normal relationship with my children but its the constant"what if this happened?and what if that happened?"my ex partner understands my"thoughts"because she supported me with my deppression before my kids were thought of and knew of my"problems regarding having children?"i constantly "NEED"reassurance?then thinking the only way is DNA which i know what the "answer"would be?id bet my house on the fact im the biological father of my kids but it doesnt stop the MAD thoughts?please surely someone else thinks like this?i cant keep going back for reassurance from my ex? my now wife knows all my problems and is amazing and understanding.but this "what ifs"? just takes over my every thinking.ive seen similar posts online but all from women who think there partner might not be biological father to there child even though its IMPOSSIBLE?its just the deppression?dna is not an option because my mind would move on to another child?or question the result anyway?ive been upped to 60mg of fluoxetine 2 weeks ago and am struggling tbh?anyone know of anyone else whos deppression affect there thinking in this way?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anthony, i don't know what has happened to you but you don't sound the most delightful to find out any information about this father thing. Ignore all the doubters - do what is right for you! If people don't like that then tough.

• Posted

hi sam thanks for taking tlme to reply,but i dont understand what u r saying?(dont mean in a rude way)lol

• Posted

Hi Anthony, due to sunlight ony phone Dyslexia and tiredness and my phone buggering my message up it has conveyed the wrong thing!i'll try again ; what it was meant to say was don't put up with any nonsense off any else you do what you think is right for you and you alone! You decide what you want not anyone else it's not their business not theirs and good luck, really sorry didn't mean to cause confusion, it was my last intention!

• Posted

Hey anthony59004, ok stay the same way while you drive yourself nuts. Or flip the off switch on it., Just accept you are not the bio dad period. Love them as if they were. Never ask another time anything about the bio dad because you have accepted you are not that guy. So no longer going nuts over that and try to avoid finding something else in life to drive you nuts. enjoy life .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.