Unfusing

Posted , 17 users are following.

has anyone had any serious success with unfusing?   My clitoris is completely covered over and as such is not sensitive! Not good !  Please let me know if you have an answer ladies!   

1 like, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Jackie,   Yes!   I have had LS since 2009, diagnosed in 2011.  I've not had intercourse with my husband since 2009 due to the pain, fusing and narrowing!    After many consultants, appointments, much itching, distress etc and being supplied with dilators - unable to use them successfully I asked my GP to refer me (again) with the possibility of having a surgical procedure to rectify the problem.   This was in November 2015.   It took some time and several appointments to arrive at surgery in March 2017.   The delay was largely due to being 'passed' from one hospital to another.   It was worth it!    The gynaecologist and plastic surgeon undertook a relatively uncomplicated procedure - I didn't even stay in overnight.   I was a little apprehensive about it - but they were great and it wasn't painful, just some slight discomfort for about ten days or so.   The outcome is that, although I have not yet had intercourse, I can now use all of the dilators.  I also had a smear during the procedure as I was unable to over the last year.   I am confident that I will be able to have intercourse soon.   The gynaecologist I saw was fantastic as was the plastic surgeon - before my appointments with them I saw several consultants who really didn't know the extent of the problem.   They have told me that I need to manage the condition and not let the opening 'close up' again.   I've had fantastic advice on this.   If you are suffering from fusing you should maybe request surgery; it's not complicated.    Let me know if you want more information.  I live in the UK and had this procedure on the NHS.   good luck, Ashley Jo

• Posted

PS Hello everyone - my fantastic gynaecologist who performed surgery with the plastic surgeon has advised me to have baths with a few drops of lavender oil added.   She has also told me to use Epiderm ointment and massage it (don't just dab it on) to the area - this helps stop the skin fusing together.    I have been advised to use regularly throughout the day and after each time I pass urine.

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

Where can you get the Epiderm ointment? I live in Canada. Do you think Amazon would sell it? Or is it by prescription only?

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi Micheline,   I've just checked the spelling - it's actually Epaderm ointment.  I get it on repeat prescription - but it might be available.  I think it is made by a Swedish company.   The product I get is manufactured in the UK.   It's also worth noting that my gynaecologist said never to use any soap/shower gel products.  I now get repeat prescriptions for Dermoil 200 Emolient - it's all I use now - nothing else.   Plus as noted in previous posts add a few drops of lavender oil to a bath - it's apparently very good for the vaginal area.   Hope this helps you, best wishes, Ashley Jo

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

Thank you so much for your reply. Your post struck me because when I start using Borax and Baking soda on May 4 when I can use them on alternate days to the clob, and I start unfusing (hoping), this is excellent to know for something to apply to keep it unfused. I don't use soap, only water at the moment. You've given me three things to look up for which I am very grateful. For this disease, there's never too much to learn. All advice is priceless. Thank you so very much. And best wishes to you also. Micheline.  

• Posted

Sorry  for being ignorant, what does it look like when it fuses over please.
    • Posted

With me it looked like a criss-cross of white threads. 
    • Posted

The skin joins together, if the joining is over the clitoris, it joins together over the top of th clitoris, so that you can't see it, and with my fusing,I now have no feeling in my clitoris, unless it has a  LOT of pressure on it ! Making a sex life extremely difficult!   You are not being ignorant, if you have never seen it you won't know!   Try your level best to not let it fuse because it is well nigh impossible to unfuse it! Different peopl have ways of unfusing it but I haven't managed it yet! Maybe eventually I will, I hope so!  But it's much easier not to let it fuse if you can use steroids and creams to control it.

• Posted

My fusing is mainly at the top of the vagina opening where the labia have adhered and become smaller. This in turn has pulled the skin up making the entrance very small but otherwise nothing obvious. Its hard to explain really and I suppose we all look different. My clitoris has disappeared within a fold of skin which I presume is what is referred to as hooded. I actually have a small dimple between the labia where the 2 sides have adhered, a little like a bow. (Gift wrapped but unable to open. lol) 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.