UNHAPPY

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am heartily sick of this title Depression /Anxiety. I am UNHAPPY like most people who are under this umbrella .I don't need to be told to go "On Line. Get books. I do not need isolation ,I need people to talk to, about problems ,suggestions .anything, just as long as there is someone talking to me ,face to face ,and help to remove this awful ,being on my own .I think that the professionals ,who supposedly know what we need, never include this in their "We know best " what is good for you ..DON'T

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline, why do you need a professional to tell you how you feel. Ask the real experts on here. THEY truly know what's what they live with it after all. Professionals have little idea about real life, they want to tick boxes that we should apparently neatly fit in. My doctor rubs her hands with glee when i go there - she must have a number to pulls hotline that we don't have. She has never got a single antidepressant down my throat - i won't let her! I am strong like that. I would rather see lots of counsellors than take that rubbish. I refuse to do this. Good luck.

• Posted

Hello Sam . A soul mate ...I don't take prescription drugs ,I use Herbs and Vitamins ,I don't do professionals either ,I think you misread me .I do give myself a good talking to ,,, mentally,,, with a few choice extras ,when I start to feel negative ...good job I haven't got a cat ,,but I do have a severe sense of humour ,which comes to my rescue.Why do you go to the doctor ? If you refuse the whatever, she tries to load you with ..

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline, i apologise it's probably me that misunderstood you. I have Dyspraxia and have been told i do this often. I believe more in a natural approach to things - drugs don't help your system i think

You put something unnatural in your system which makes you bound to feel ugh! I only go to the doctor's because i have depression, need to know what to do with my counselling, take medication to deal with acid otherwise i feel permanently sick! I also take a bowel softener and I have this on prescription. That's why i see my doctor. This year has been the worse - my health has been shocking, so hence in and out of the doctors!

• Posted

Morning Sam, time for coffee, and chat time. I too have had an awful year health wise, I now have a new unwanted hobby.... collecting untreatable issues, from where .i don't know but I suspect the A&E is responsible for one ,bad one. I do Google all information about these unwanted "Things " then do the vitamin and mineral s that would help. Do you have acid reflux ? and take Omeprazole or similar? I use Lactulose , which i buy . I have Diviticulitis. so it's important I don't get bunged .I don't eat red meat ,as that is hard to digest and stops the moving belt of rubbish out of the back door!!!!! Think everyone has some, or lots of problems now, probably due to all the toxins that are used on the food before we get it. What troubles you most, that you can't cope with ? does your counsellor cheer you up, or stay with your mood ?

I'm off for the MRI scan this morning .Mega Tinnitus,, problem , 24 /7.

Take care ..speak soon x

• Posted

Its seems to come to them so easily....doesn't it? The thing that tweaks me is not knowing if they're trying, and maybe Im not sharing enough with them, or if they simply dont care. A manic depressive has now branched into Bipolar disorder, and OCD is now delusional/non-delusional, and the offshoot to BDD. I could reconcile the the dichotomy if I saw an increased focus on the depression...but there isnt, just new medications that do little to nothing. All this time you feel on fire, and overwhelmed by something youre not capable of describing properly. Its emotional cancer thats just as real and equally dire, but doesnt show up on CAT scans. It hurts, really agonizing at times...Sometimes it feels like an accomplishment to make it to days end. But there is always hope, nothing worthwhile comes easy. It isnt weakness to recognize and address that something is very wrong. Im not "blue" or " down in the dumps"....its something much more serious. And it is disconcerting when you take the stand and seek help, you get innacurate and prefabricated, one size fits all "solutions" . You feel so close to being able to snap out of this funk...but cant.

• Posted

Hello,Michael.. we trot down the same road in thinking this One hat fits all, Sooooo not true.We are all individuals, but it's too much trouble for each person to be assessed as an individual. The majority of professionals listen,,, but DON'T hear, and there 's not a damned thing you can do about it ,except get another label ,by trying. You need to talk ..as indeed so do I .It lifts my mood after talking to complete strangers, Sounds as though I accost everyone I pass in the street. but I will talk to people in queue's. most people will respond ,,thank goodness. Sounds as if you need a little shove to lift your mood, I'm giving you one ,!!!!

• Posted

Yeah, nobodys an island. Everyone brings something to the table that another can use. Ive never had luck with professionals though, I inevitably steer the session into an irrelevant chin-wag. The longer the face the longer the session, so I pull myself together for the hour and he thinks Im getting along just fine. If I could just get my good days up to 51%, I would be blissful for the rest of my life. Everyone has rough days now and then, its just when they start to daisy- chain together into bad weeks and months that gets rough. I'll be alright, just have to be patient. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, and it was nice meeting you...

• Posted

Are you talking about Xmas holiday ?? Nothing will happen that will be any different to any other day. You are obviously ,finished with me, so ,all I can say is hope your life gets smoother ,no one can do that for you ,only you.

• Posted

I reckon we are all at different stages in our lives and our mental health so the treatments need to be more tailored. I am in my 60's and willingly take ad's as they keep me more stable and able to carry on with my life. However, I am not looking to be able to achieve anything in the world, have a partner, have to go to work now (retired), or kids so my situation is definitely very different from you younger people.

My goal is just to be able to carry on with my life and deal with any challenges that come up so I can last to the end of my natural life without killing myself. I am winding down now and looking forward to my end. x

• Posted

hi pussycat ,,i think our mental state is on a par with the weather ,different every day. Goals are all O.K, if they are reachable. I have been doing the crossword in the Mail on Saturday for YEARS. that would be a goal for me to reach. Must have missed something ,,,what are ad's??

Killing oneself is not an option to anyone really .plus it's got to be hard work ,and ,takes a great deal of courage ..Press on gal... By the way .I am not young!!!!!

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply fellow cat lover! No I probably won't end my life now after all these years but am hoping like all of us to have a peaceful death when it comes and not a long drawn out painful one.

Ad's are antidepressants. x

• Posted

sorry ,I'm not a cat lover /owner ,I prefer horses and dogs. Hobson's choice about our departure., unless of course you are run over.

Is Ad's an abbreviation for a prescription drug ???

• Posted

I appreciate your thought to overcome anxiety and depression. Talking with people is the best option to change your thinking by exchanging thought and it helps to get rid of anxiety and depression at the same time.

• Posted

Morning Matthew,Even this sort of "talking " is good, as long as you speak your mind,and pass on your thoughts, it helps others to see where you are coming from ,and join in , more the merrier . It's quite amazing ,,,,, to me,,,, , what makes people join in . usually good, sometimes in fury. which ever one ,it gets peoples minds to move,, and feel something different. which has nothing to do with anxiety, Keep talking

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.