Unhappy Decision

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello Willow

Yes it used to be called Disability Living Allowance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sharon, 

So sorry to hear the disappointing news. First let me say this I Feel For You, I have been in similar situations, As I have mentioned before, I was self-employed running my own business when meniere's made its way into my life. I was in a pickle, no income, no health insurance, and lastly no sign of hope. I applied to the disability system for assistance, had treatment notes and supporting physicians, it seemed easy enough. Boy was I wrong! It took me 1,977 days to settle this claim and receive What I deserved. The 1,977 days waiting is not a typo it was a way of life. My middle name became "Denied" I seen this word on many documents. I refused to accept "Denied" in the same sentence with my name. I needed healthcare and an income even as meeker as it might be. I changed my middle name to "determined" and accepted the fact that I was not giving up no matter what. My own demise was the only way I would give up. My case went from the initial application, through the Administrative Hearing Judges, through the Appeals Council and through U.S. District Court.

And then and only then did I receive what I felt I deserved.  

It's tough and I do know this but, take your all your disappointment and anger energy to push forward, if there is another appeal option, take it. I honestly believe that in some cases a lot of agencies and administrations like to deny and hoping you won't pursue it any further. I do believe they thought this of me, but I'm not wired that way LOL

¯`v´¯wink Thinking of you!  

`*.¸.*´ and we all send prayers during this

¸.•´ ¸.•*¨wink¸.•*¨wink difficult time, We are beside you! 

(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.? Bertman 

• Posted

If you are in the U.S. you couldl most likely let your attorney know there is some case law (Bertmans case) that they could reference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.